"WELCOME TO THE DEPENDANCE OF MY STOCKHOLM PAGE...)" Blockhusudden by eden_teuling
Blockhusudden Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 27 photos
the dear couple that played their street organ in front of the OPEN AIR MUSEUM SKANSEN which is worldfamous and shows over 150 buildings....
I NEED THIS EXTRA PAGE OF ONE OF STOCKHOLM'S SUBURBS (closest to SKANSEN) BECAUSE OF LACK OF SPACE. I SHALL USE IT FOR MY PHOTOS OF THE OPEN AIR MUSEUM SKANSEN IN STOCKHOLM....
Founded in 1891, Skansen is the world's oldest open-air museum. Here you can walk through 5 Centuries of Swedish History, from North to South. Sense the wingbeats of History in the historic houses and farmsteads, in gardens and plots with their flowers, fruit and vegetables.
Visit the SKANE farmstead, looking today as it did in the 1920s, with geese and ducks waddling around the corner. Look in on a 19th Century farm from the North of Sweden, where in wintertime the whole family shared one room. In the Town Quarters from the 1850s, artisans' workshops are huddled along the cobbled street. And....don't forget to look in at the Glassworks and watch the glass taking shape in de hands of a skilled glassblower.
Skansen also includes de only zoo in Stockholm, with bear, wolf, wolverine, elk, lynx and other wild species. There are exotic animals to be seen at the Skansen Aquarium.
The livestock around the farmsteads - cows and horses, sheep and goats - are Swedish traditional breeds, with the same appearance and unique characteristics as in earlier time.
Annual festivals like Walpurgis Night, Sweden's National Day, Midsummer, Lucia, Christmas and New Year are kept in traditional style.
Skansen follows the progress of the seasons the way people used to, with seedtime, haymaking and harvest. An old-time autumn market, Flax Days and Vegetable Days are held every year.
In the summer there are concerts of classical and operatic music, jazz, pop and blues.
Every day during the summer season there is a folk dance display and, at one of the old farmsteads, a performance of folk music by the Skansen fiddlers!
Spoil yourself with a fine meal and a breathtaking view of Stockholm at one of our welcoming restaurants. Take your pic of traditional crafts and new Swedish design at the Skansen Shop.....
Skansen is open EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR EXCEPT ON CHRISTMAS EVE.
S-115 93 Stockholm
tel. +46-(0)8 442 80 00
- Pros:A WONDERFUL CITY, BUBBLING WITH LIFE AND WATER AND FRIENDLY PEOPLE...
- Cons:NONE THAT I KNOW OF...
- In a nutshell:YOU WILL NEED FAR MORE THAN ONE WEEKEND TO ENJOY WHAT THIS CITY HAS ON OFFER.....
In the middle of the square is the pillory, complete with handcuffs and ankle chains. A wreath of spruce outside the... more travel advice
Situated on the eastern island of Helgeandsholmen with an entrance by NORRBRO BRIDGE. The museum has been built around... more travel advice
eden_teuling's Related Pages
Blockhusudden Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "WELCOME TO THE DEPENDANCE OF MY STOCKHOLM PAGE...)"
- Create a Blockhusudden Travel Page
Badges & Stats in Blockhusudden
- 4 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (49)
Have you been to Blockhusudden?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Blockhusudden
Photos in BlockhusuddenSee All Photos (27)
Top 10 Pages
- Netherlands Intro, 38 reviews, 347 photos, 22 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 70 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 74 reviews, 105 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 50 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 51 reviews, 123 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 59 reviews, 107 photos, 6 travelogues
- Rotterdam Intro, 53 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 56 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 44 reviews, 111 photos, 8 travelogues
- France Intro, 14 reviews, 140 photos, 14 travelogues