"WELCOME TO MY KALMAR PAGE ......:-)" Top 5 Page for this destination Kalmar by eden_teuling
Kalmar Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 112 photos
KALMAR is one of the oldest towns in SWEDEN and to be true: it once was the 3rd biggest town in the country!
Walking here you will find traces of all "times" : history is around each and every corner , everything from the stone age till the times of great power later on...
Have a walk through the cobbled streets in the old town and enjoy it all!
Of course you CAN'T forget the wonderful KALMAR SLOTT (SEE PHOTOGRAPH) which is open to the public!
More about this CASTLE in the TIPS...
This CASTLE has a history that goes back 800 years in time , imagine that!!
Today it is a living RENAISSANCE PALACE with room for both: feasts and conferences.
The MEDIEVAL VILLAGE, SALVE , situated close to the exit of the E22 motorway, offers the visitor exciting and enchanting entertainment during the summer period.
In the COUNTY MUSEUM you will find the biggest treasure of goldcoins in SWEDEN...see it with all the other FINDINGS from the MAN-OF-WAR KRONAN......see TIPS...
And when evening arrives the fun isn't over yet....no, it starts!
KVARNHOLMEN has a seething life in PUBS & RESTAURANTS and in summertime we offer entertainment both at the LARMTORGET and in the STADSPARKEN......
This KALMAR really is a pleasantly lively, busy town, with gems to discover everywhere and which town can be enjoyed for days on end......
tel: 0480-41 77 00
An endearing little chapel in KALMAR SLOTT , which is still in use...very atmospheric for A WEDDING e.g..!! Think about it!!
Accompanied by two TROLLS..... as safe as safe can be.......
- Pros:I CAN ONLY SAY: GO THERE AND SEE FOR YOURSELF HOW FINE A TOWN THIS IS...
- In a nutshell:A PLACE THAT IS A MUST WHEN YOU ARE IN SOUTH/CENTRAL SWEDEN....
The Krusenstiernska House... This is a middle-class home from the 19th Century, only 200 metres away from the CASTLE,... more travel advice
The "Marin Museum". The Maritime museum is housed in a genuine KALMAR milieu at "KATTRUPAN". Its impressive collection... more travel advice
eden_teuling's Related Pages
Kalmar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "WELCOME TO MY KALMAR PAGE ......:-)"
- "Kalmer late summer 2000"
- "Fort city Kalmar!"
- "Fortress town of Kalmar"
- "gailyna's new Kalmar Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kalmar
- Hotels in Kalmar
- Transportation in Kalmar
- Restaurants in Kalmar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kalmar
- 13 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Kalmar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kalmar
Photos in KalmarSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Netherlands Intro, 38 reviews, 347 photos, 22 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 70 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 74 reviews, 105 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 50 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 51 reviews, 123 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 59 reviews, 107 photos, 6 travelogues
- Rotterdam Intro, 53 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 56 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 44 reviews, 111 photos, 8 travelogues
- France Intro, 14 reviews, 140 photos, 14 travelogues