"WELCOME TO MY ST. BRIEUC PAGE......:-)" Saint-Brieuc by eden_teuling
Saint-Brieuc Travel Guide: 43 reviews and 50 photos
Several times already I have been touring Bretagne two times I spent a fortnight at ST. BRIEUC....in the North.
This is a lovely and ancient town where you can easily spend a holiday especially when you are by car or when you rent a car......
It is the economic and cultural centre of the Côtes d'Armor and is the most important town in the Departement, with an agglomeration of 100.000 inhabitants.
It is a touristic cross roads between the two axes of communication of Brittany and thus ideal for a stay!
It was founded in 482 by a monk who came from le Pays de Galles (Brieuc) and it is one of the places on the 7 stages/halting places of the Pilgrimage of "TRO BREIZ".
You can arrive by train: 3 hrs. by TGV (= Train de Grande Vitesse = very fast train for which you have to book in advance!!) from Paris.
4 hrs. by car via the AUTOROUTE
(awfully busy in high season!)
1.h. 15 from Paris by plane
By sea: car ferries for the UK from Roscoff or St. Malo (France)
by boats destined for the ENGLISH-NORMANDIC islands from St. Malo (France).
The coast is fantastic, LIGHTHOUSES galore , and the interior is strewn with flowers and green: GREAT......
The Rue Notre-Dame leads to the Gothic Fountain of St.Brieuc dating from the 15th Century.
A lane leads to the riverbeds of the river Gouët and river Gouëdic (the little Gouët.)
Originally the town was founded in between these two deep valleys and there are several bridges of which the Pont de Gouëdic dates from 12th-13th Century.
The railway bridge and the Pont Harel-de-la-Noë are the most beautiful ponts.
A stair of 200 steps leads from the Pont du Gouët to the Tertre Notre Dame which will reward you with a nice view over old St. Brieuc.
This is the harbour of St. Brieuc in the little suburb of %^s4 CESSON %s* where I stayed with a very friendly family of 5!
Each day I went to this harbour for a grandiose walk: sometimes the water was receding, like in this photo and sometimes the water swished into the harbour to revive all boats that were lamely lying in the clay, waiting for the high tide...... High tide means life......
And at the same time work, loading and unloading could again go on....
I was here to be immerged in FRENCH.....
In the Netherlands I can't practise my French so I have to go to France for some courses now and again, not to use my Fluency, the skill that is most difficult to develop and at the same time the skill that you lose quickest.....USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
There is more about St. Brieuc in my BRETAGNE PAGES......DO HAVE A LOOK THERE IF YOU FEEL LIKE IT!
- Pros:A LOVELY PLACE IN A LOVELY DEPARTEMENT DE FRANCE...
- In a nutshell:LOVELY PLACE ITSELF AND FINE STARTING POINT FOR TOURING BRETAGNE AND DISCOVER MORE AND MORE....
10 minutes away from the city centre of SAINT-BRIEUC.... The wood of Pl?dran (132 ha)is near the baie... more travel advice
THERE ARE TWO CINEMAS: LE GRIFFON with 5 film theaters LE CLUB 6 with 6 film theaters The programmes are available at... more travel advice
- See All MUSIC......
- See All HOTEL AND RESTAURANT....SIMPLE COMME...
- See All ANOTHER EATERY.....
eden_teuling's Related Pages
Saint-Brieuc Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "WELCOME TO MY ST. BRIEUC PAGE......:-)"
- "St Brieuc"
- "Saint Brieuc"
- "Saint Brieuc"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint-Brieuc
- Hotels in Saint-Brieuc
- Transportation in Saint-Brieuc
- Nightlife in Saint-Brieuc
- Restaurants in Saint-Brieuc
- Shopping in Saint-Brieuc
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saint-Brieuc
- 35 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Saint-Brieuc?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint-Brieuc
Top 10 Pages
- Netherlands Intro, 38 reviews, 347 photos, 22 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 70 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 74 reviews, 105 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 50 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 51 reviews, 123 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 59 reviews, 107 photos, 6 travelogues
- Rotterdam Intro, 53 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 56 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 44 reviews, 111 photos, 8 travelogues
- France Intro, 14 reviews, 140 photos, 14 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (93)
Latest Saint-Brieuc hotel reviews
- Hotel Le Duguesclin
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 26, 2012