"WELCOME TO MY TRéGUIER PAGE......:-)" Tréguier by eden_teuling
Tréguier Travel Guide: 63 reviews and 140 photos
This wonderful town was my place for a "potty-stop" on my way to the North of Bretagne, BRITTANY.
To my surprise it seemed to be a so sweet place that I stayed there for the day, why not, all is possible during my holidays....
It is located au coeur de la Côte de Granit Rose, à 490 km. de Paris, 60 km. de St. Brieuc (where I had my cottage for 2 weeks), 20 km. de Lannion (Airport).
Chef-lieu de canton, 3,000 inhabitants.
Ancien évêché = old Bishop's Chair
It is an ancient town were tourists come in droves...it is picturesque and "filled to the very brim" with history.....
They are always trying to receive their guests, the tourists, as best they can!
Water and Rocks are the two elements that have shaped this sweet town.
The water (the sea, the CHANNEL ) cuts the sides of PLOUGRESCANT over a length of 17 km. and 12 km. through the earth to JAUDY .
The rocks: there are 3 kinds of rock here, to be more exact 3 kinds of granite: the dolérites, the gneiss, the volcanic tuff / tufa.
Together they form the "skeleton" of this area.
There are wonderful valleys, woods and rough rocks, with sand in every crack.
From Prehistoric times only rests the MENHIR DE KERFOS in MINIHY , one called REDOUR à PLOUGRESCANT and another one at KervéGAN un PLOUGUIEL.
There also is a very ancient ROAD and a Roman Bridge at PLOUGUIEL.
The very friendly people are proud of
their History and protect the wonderful architectural heritage and their old traditions.
It also is a town for pilgrims and a European Port.....
Numerous writers and painters found their inspiration here.....
TRAVEL to Bretagne en France, BRITTANY and you will feel as if you are staying at an island....
You are surrounded by sea and rocks, can visit lots of LIGHT HOUSES (very interesting) and you will discover HOW ENORMOUS the INFLUENCE of the sea is on this land, the people, the climate, the meals and your feeling of well-being.
There are quite some fine TIPS for you added to this home page.....
All around TRéGUIER you will find these scenes, seascapes and cloudscapes....breathtakingly impressive!
And do realize that most food they serve you will come from this sea!!
It is something like a large, very large PANTRY!
Enjoy the beaches, the rocks, the restaurants and all other attractions.
- Pros:A VERY PLEASANT, ATTRACTIVE LITTLE TOWN WITH MUCH ON OFFER....WATER AND ROCKS E.G.
- In a nutshell:WHEN IN BRITTANY: VISIT TRéGUIER......WATER AND ROCKS....
you need swimming gear and summer clothes but also rain-gear, a bonnet and wellingtons and a few jumpers....and an... more travel advice
This photo doesn't really show what Tr?guier is: a very atmospheric little city, where friendly people live and where... more travel advice
eden_teuling's Related Pages
Tréguier Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Tugdual's town!"
- "WELCOME TO MY TRéGUIER PAGE......:-)"
- "Another Brittany Cathedral Town"
- "Treguier, Brittany"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tréguier
- Hotels in Tréguier
- Transportation in Tréguier
- Restaurants in Tréguier
- Shopping in Tréguier
- Warnings and Dangers in Tréguier
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Tréguier
- 33 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Tréguier?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tréguier
Top 10 Pages
- Netherlands Intro, 38 reviews, 347 photos, 22 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 70 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 74 reviews, 105 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 50 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 51 reviews, 123 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 59 reviews, 107 photos, 6 travelogues
- Rotterdam Intro, 53 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 56 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 44 reviews, 111 photos, 8 travelogues
- France Intro, 14 reviews, 140 photos, 14 travelogues