"The Extreme City" Pattaya by austarman
Pattaya Travel Guide: 935 reviews and 2,337 photos
There is a magnificent view of Pattaya bay and city from the hill at the southern end of the city.
This viewpoint has been greatly improved in the past few years and has a great lookout point plus shops plus plus plus.
There is also a interesting Buddhist temple here that is well worth walking though.
When you are in Pattaya then a good thing that you can do during the day, is to hire a small bike or car and go and have a look at the big Buddha that over-looks the city.
Apart from the Buddha and the temple complex there which is amazing,
you can also see some of the big hotels along the bay.
There is a fantastic view of Pattaya's beautiful beaches and pleasure boats from here too.
The temple is called Wat Khao Phra Yai and there are picture of it in my local customs page.
Another great little trip to do is to get on out to Jomtien beach which is only a few kilometres south of the city.
I think its a better beach than Pattaya beach because the water is clearer and the view is great too.
There are all kinds of water sports that you can do here from jet ski to banana boat and para sailing.
Across the road there are many trendy little bars, restaurants and shops or you can just kick back on the beach with a cold drink.
Someone will chop the top off a coconut and throw a staw in it for you if you like.
Refreshing yes, but i think I will stick to my beer Chang. ;-)
- Pros:Plenty to do day and night.
- Cons:Too many pretty girls...I hate that ! ;-)
- In a nutshell:A great place to unwind, or for a party.
This place is right in the middle of all the action. There are beer bars, pool bars, Go Go bars and restaurants all... more travel advice
My favorite day when I was in Pattaya was the trip to this "Sanctuary of Truth" temple near Naklua and it's theme park... more travel advice
austarman's Related Pages
Pattaya Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pattaya is paradise"
- "Thailands biggest beach-ressort"
- " From Dusk Till Dawn"
- "P A T T A Y A ~ ~ ~ T H A I L A N D"
- "City Beach of The East"
- "In Love with Pattaya"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pattaya
- Hotels in Pattaya
- Transportation in Pattaya
- Nightlife in Pattaya
- Restaurants in Pattaya
- Shopping in Pattaya
- Warnings and Dangers in Pattaya
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pattaya
- 9 Reviews
- 44 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Pattaya?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pattaya
Top 10 Pages
- Bali Intro, 28 reviews, 156 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Samui Intro, 25 reviews, 137 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Phangan Intro, 19 reviews, 105 photos, 2 travelogues
- Phuket Intro, 18 reviews, 73 photos
- Ko Phi Phi Don Intro, 12 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wollongong Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pattaya Intro, 9 reviews, 44 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 10 reviews, 36 photos
- Sydney Intro, 10 reviews, 35 photos
- Ko Samet Intro, 7 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue