"Koh Phangan" Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Phangan by austarman

Ko Phangan Travel Guide: 395 reviews and 822 photos

The Tip of the island

Haad Rin is situated right at the very southern tip of the island of Koh Phangan.
When you ride there by moterbike like I did, you have to wind your way up and down though some very steep mountains.
On the way you will get some magic views of Koh Samui to the south-east and when you get close to Haad Rin you will get a magic view like this one.
This is the perninsula that has the tourist town of Haad Rin at it's tip.
"Suaay maak"

Bungalo's near Haad Rin

I never stayed in these mountain bungalo's near Haad rin but they were beautiful and just 500 Baht per night.
This stream flowed down from the mountains past the bungalo's and was dammed up into a pool in couple of places.
To swim here was a great way to cool off as the mountain water was beautiful and cool.

Tranquility of Koh Phangan

This is on the road through the hills from Haad Rin to Thong-sala.
A great ride on the moterbike with views of the small islands and the aqua blue sea around-about.
The steep hills and hair pin turns can be dangerous here though, if you are either a little drunk or just watching the beautiful sceanery too much. ;-)

• Pros:Very quiet or party central
  • Cons:Roads are not so good off the beaten track
  • In a nutshell:Two speeds, Party (Haad Rin) or do nothing much at all
  • Last visit to Ko Phangan: Feb 2009
  • Intro Updated Mar 14, 2009

• Wann's Profile Photo
    Oct 15, 2006 at 11:12 AM

You can be a tour guide of Koh Phangan I think :-) Great informative page !!!

• LakeFever's Profile Photo
    Aug 10, 2006 at 1:26 PM

Nice tips....I do think we were there around the same time...ever been up to tong nai pan?

• Glorija's Profile Photo
    May 28, 2006 at 12:14 PM

KoPhangan is a marvelous place and I liked it. Just like I like your wish. Tnx and I hope to visit Australia in the near future. Enjoy, G

• mizzzthanggg's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2006 at 5:23 PM

the mountain resort looks great! never saw that. i have stayed on had salad though, Hope Bungalows on that little hill. Where we lay on the beach the whole day waiting for them to finish building one more hut for us!! ;-)

austarman

“"Life may not be the party we hoped for... but while we are here we might as well dance!"”

Badges & Stats in Ko Phangan

Have you been to Ko Phangan?

Latest Activity in Ko Phangan