"A modern more organized Asia" Kuala Lumpur by austarman

Kuala Lumpur Travel Guide: 6,004 reviews and 13,551 photos

The Hindu Batu caves

These Batu caves are about 13km out of KL city.
The Gold statue is huge and the steps that lead up the side of it enter into a network of caves.
The climb is quite long but the caves are worth a look.
This place had Indian music playing in the main cave plus Hindu statues and shines everywhere.
At the base of the steps you can see a Bollywood movie was being made and the whole place to me seemed more like India than Malaysia.
If you do climb the steps into the caves watch out for the cheeky monkeys!

Sparkeling KL city by night

One night I ventured out to the entertainment strip to find some nightlife.
This is one of the Petrona's twin towers that are very well lit up at night and dominate the skyline in KL.

The Telecom tower from the Swiss Garden hotel

This is the view from my Swiss Garden hotel looking out at the KL skyline.
The tall tower glitters at night and is (i believe) the Telecom tower.

• Pros:A modern easy to get around city.
  • Cons:Can be more expensive than other parts of Asia
  • In a nutshell:Impressive ,Vibrant, Colourful, Interesting, Alive
  • Last visit to Kuala Lumpur: Jan 2010
  • Intro Updated Feb 3, 2010

• Apr 25, 2010 at 12:06 PM

good day....we are a live band here in the philippines,and trying to look for a place w/ a live band,we are all female band but we have variety of songs in our repertoire.we've been to different country already such as japan,korea,and kk malaysia.

• Apr 6, 2010 at 7:33 AM

If the rules of decorum are listed, there's no mention that the toilets opposite the main entrance are apparently FOR MALAYSIANS ONLY! as I was told by the attendants, who also prevented my non-Malaysian friend from entering.

• Jun 13, 2009 at 12:38 PM

I went to Beach Club and the customer service is too BAD! A lot of protitutes and the guys look at you as one... The place is nice but the songs very old and the staff no frendly. If you have another option to go...GO AHEAD!

austarman

“"Life may not be the party we hoped for... but while we are here we might as well dance!"”

Badges & Stats in Kuala Lumpur

Have you been to Kuala Lumpur?

Latest Activity in Kuala Lumpur