"A modern more organized Asia" Kuala Lumpur by austarman
Kuala Lumpur Travel Guide: 6,433 reviews and 15,177 photos
These Batu caves are about 13km out of KL city.
The Gold statue is huge and the steps that lead up the side of it enter into a network of caves.
The climb is quite long but the caves are worth a look.
This place had Indian music playing in the main cave plus Hindu statues and shines everywhere.
At the base of the steps you can see a Bollywood movie was being made and the whole place to me seemed more like India than Malaysia.
If you do climb the steps into the caves watch out for the cheeky monkeys!
One night I ventured out to the entertainment strip to find some nightlife.
This is one of the Petrona's twin towers that are very well lit up at night and dominate the skyline in KL.
This is the view from my Swiss Garden hotel looking out at the KL skyline.
The tall tower glitters at night and is (i believe) the Telecom tower.
- Pros:A modern easy to get around city.
- Cons:Can be more expensive than other parts of Asia
- In a nutshell:Impressive ,Vibrant, Colourful, Interesting, Alive
If you stay in the "P Ramlee" area as I did you will have a fantastic view of the twin towers lit up like giant... more travel advice
Built at 1928 and located at Jalan Istana, sungai besi. The Istana Negara is the official residence of the King and... more travel advice
austarman's Related Pages
Kuala Lumpur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kuala Lumpur"
- "Kuala Lumpur - My Home"
- "KL - where the rivers (and all things else) meet."
- "-=Latest & Happening In Town=-"
- "I grew up here!!!"
- "The City That I Feel So Comfortable In..."
- "the city I grew up in..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kuala Lumpur
- Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
- Transportation in Kuala Lumpur
- Nightlife in Kuala Lumpur
- Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
- Shopping in Kuala Lumpur
- Warnings and Dangers in Kuala Lumpur
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kuala Lumpur
- 10 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Kuala Lumpur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kuala Lumpur
Photos in Kuala LumpurSee All Photos (35)
Top 10 Pages
- Bali Intro, 28 reviews, 156 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ko Samui Intro, 25 reviews, 137 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Phangan Intro, 19 reviews, 105 photos, 2 travelogues
- Phuket Intro, 18 reviews, 73 photos
- Ko Phi Phi Don Intro, 12 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wollongong Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pattaya Intro, 9 reviews, 44 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 10 reviews, 36 photos
- Sydney Intro, 10 reviews, 35 photos
- Ko Samet Intro, 7 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue