"A great place to unwind.Rural ,Cultural & Relaxing" Ubud by austarman
Ubud Travel Guide: 526 reviews and 1,362 photos
This is a Balinese dance telling the story of Rama and Sita which is important to the Hindu faith of the Bali people.
There is so much expression in their dancing and the gamilan and drum musical accompaniment is very professional.
This was a great night out in Ubud.
Ubud has many places to stay that over-look beautiful rice fields like this one that give you a real feeling of serenity.
This photo is taken from the Tegal Sari hotel about 1.5km from the centre of Ubud.
Ubud is well known as a cultural centre of Bali and has many fine carvings and paintings etc available throughout the town.
It is also where the Balinese Royal family come from so it has lots of tradition too.
Unlike the Kuta, Legian and Denpaser area the mountains surrounding Ubud are very peaceful and you can really unwind here.
There is a lot of rural landscape with tropical rainforest's and lush greenery everywhere.
However Ubud itself is a fairly large town and are many Spa's and massage resorts here as well as excellent woodworkers, painters and various types of handicraft experts.
- Pros:A great place to be with that special someone
- Cons:Not a good place to be alone
- In a nutshell:Perfect retreat if you are with someone special
This is one of the dances that can be seen in the grounds of the Ubud palace. I believe this one was called the Legong... more travel advice
It is interesting to see where the Royal family once lived and to see the history that goes back to the 16th... more travel advice
austarman's Related Pages
Ubud Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ubud - Center of Arts"
- "heart of art and culture in bali ...."
- "Soothing the spirit"
- "Ubud - felt like stepping to an ancient city"
- "Ubud - so much to offer"
- "My Ubud"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ubud
- Hotels in Ubud
- Transportation in Ubud
- Nightlife in Ubud
- Restaurants in Ubud
- Shopping in Ubud
- Warnings and Dangers in Ubud
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ubud
- 5 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Ubud?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ubud
Top 10 Pages
- Bali Intro, 28 reviews, 156 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ko Samui Intro, 25 reviews, 137 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Phangan Intro, 19 reviews, 105 photos, 2 travelogues
- Phuket Intro, 18 reviews, 73 photos
- Ko Phi Phi Don Intro, 12 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wollongong Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pattaya Intro, 9 reviews, 44 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 10 reviews, 36 photos
- Sydney Intro, 10 reviews, 35 photos
- Ko Samet Intro, 7 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue