"South-East Asian traveller" austarman's Profile
This is the view northwards from one of the islands of the Nangyuan national park which is just off the coast of Thailands Koh Tao in the gulf of Thailand.
This small island is a dive resort and national park and the entrance is 100 baht.
Well worth it though for the view from the viewpoint which also overlooks the northern end of Koh Tao and Sairee beach to the south.
Made it to the Viewpoint!
This is me and the fantastic view from the viewpoint overlooking Tonsai bay and Ao Dalum beach on Phi Phi Don island.
From the top of this mountain that I am standing on you can witness both the sunrise and sunset.
Maya bay where they made the movie "The beach" is such a beautiful place, it's somehow almost magical really.
A perfect white sandy beach with aqua clear water to swim in plus an unspoilt rainforest in the middle of the island and towering mountains on everyside. Paradise!
This is a photo of my friends Elisabeth, Dewa and Boyd getting ready for our cruise out to Nusa Lembongan on our Bali Hai cruise.
Elisabeth has since sailed away to a better place but will always be in my memory's.
We had such a fantastic day this day.
More info and pics on my Nusa Lembongan page.
Trekking on the active Kintamani volcano is exhilarating and the views overlooking lake Batur at sunrise are sensational.
It is a hard few hours of trekking early in the morning to reach the top but it is well worth the effort for the views and the personal satisfaction.
Parts of the mountain are still steaming as you can see in this photo.
See also my things to do page for more info and pics
A days rafting is one of the best things you can do in Bali.
The sceanery getting up into the mountains is quite spectacular.
You will see the more natural beauty of Bali as you get out of the hustle of the city and as you go through the smaller villages and into the mountains.
The river guides are well trained and will guide you down the rapids no problem as long as you listen to them and paddle when required.
Your roughly $40 AUD per person also includes a full buffet lunch at Puri Boga resturant and you will have a ball as I did.
Thats me in the front left and my Uncle on the right looking worried.
See my tips page for more.
If it is breathtaking scenery you want or a full moon party like no other then this is the place.
Parts of this island are still difficult to get to especially when it rains but the serenity and the beauty of the place will stay with me forever.
You can party in Haad Rin, shop in Thong-sala or just chill out on a beach resort.
There are also beautiful mountain waterfalls and natural pools too ,such as the one I am swimming in here.
This place is called the Sramanora waterfall and river on stone and it's about 5km from Haad Rin. Really cool water too! ;-)
This is my Autistic son Ben and I in Sydney for his birthday last year.
This is taken at Manly beach.
A ferry ride from here is the Sydney Aquarium as well as the Darling harbour marina, the Imax ,the Chinese gardens and the monorail.
There are also many shops, hotels and restaurants nearby as well as the famous Paddies markets.
For first time visitors to Sydney a trip to both Manly and to Darling harbour are the perfect places to start.
Personal Pages (2)
Written Nov 25, 2006
About my son and I
Written May 28, 2008
In memory of Elisabeth
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 186 Reviews
- 924 Photos
- 6 Countries
- 22 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
- austarman and dora_Heta are now friends.
- Commented on Uncle-Kev's profile page
- Wrote a Review Greenmount beach resort in Coolangatta Hotels
- Uploaded a Photo to "Greenmount beach resort"
- created a Coolangatta Travel Page "Gold Coast's border town"
updated their Profile Page "South-East Asian traveller"
- Uploaded a Video to Bali
- Posted in Travel Thailand Forum "RE: RE: My Thai trip......it's ..."
PhotosSee All Photos (924)
Top 10 Pages
- Bali Intro, 28 reviews, 156 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Samui Intro, 25 reviews, 137 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Phangan Intro, 19 reviews, 105 photos, 2 travelogues
- Phuket Intro, 18 reviews, 73 photos
- Ko Phi Phi Don Intro, 12 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wollongong Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pattaya Intro, 9 reviews, 44 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 10 reviews, 36 photos
- Sydney Intro, 10 reviews, 35 photos
- Ko Samet Intro, 7 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Hotels
- 22198 Reviews - 54001 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15557 Reviews - 30993 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3082 Reviews - 5778 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23037 Reviews - 47268 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1912 Reviews - 4527 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1930 Reviews - 3719 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8369 Reviews - 17097 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4277 Reviews - 8800 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7700 Reviews - 19770 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2421 Reviews - 6530 Photos