"Rockville - My Hometown" Top 5 Page for this destination Rockville by travelingdanna
Rockville Travel Guide: 47 reviews and 53 photos
Rockville is where my family has lived for almost 12 years. I never appreciated the town much until leaving for college, when I realized that Montgomery County isn't so boring in comparison with suburban NJ... the fact that I can think of a bunch of tips to write shows that Rockville has a lot to offer if you just look around a bit. Besides the fact that Rockville itself isn't a bad place to live, it does have a convenient Metro station with a short commute into the center of DC.
One thing I noticed when I went to my relatively homogeneous liberal arts college was that Rockville is incredibly diverse. While many of the area high school districts are divided in ways that lead schools to be skewed towards certain populations, my own school, as well as the city itself, has a pretty even distribution of various ethnicities/nationalities, as well as socio-economic levels. In general, I find the people of Rockville to be very accepting and open-minded.
- Pros:Diversity, nice people, community, near DC
- Cons:no nightlife, summer weather, suburban sprawl
- In a nutshell:A pretty nice place to live
The Glenview Mansion, often referred to as simply "The Mansion" in Rockville, has an art gallery upstairs and hosts... more travel advice
I haven't stayed at this hotel, but we once had a mini-family reunion and ate at a restaurant in the Doubletree, and I... more travel advice
travelingdanna's Related Pages
Rockville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Center of Montgomery County"
- "This is what I call home now!"
- "Rockville - colorful, playful!"
- "Rockville - My Hometown"
- "sayville's new Rockville Page"
- "jc2000's new Rockville page"
- "Rockville Maryland"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rockville
- Hotels in Rockville
- Transportation in Rockville
- Restaurants in Rockville
- Shopping in Rockville
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rockville
- 7 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Rockville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rockville
Top 5 Pages
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 26 reviews, 25 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 18 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rockville Intro, 7 reviews, 4 photos
- Florence 1 review, 1 photo
- Stockholm Intro, 1 photo
No friends yet.