"Rockville - My Hometown" Top 5 Page for this destination Rockville by travelingdanna

Rockville Travel Guide: 45 reviews and 53 photos

What to say...

Rockville is where my family has lived for almost 12 years. I never appreciated the town much until leaving for college, when I realized that Montgomery County isn't so boring in comparison with suburban NJ... the fact that I can think of a bunch of tips to write shows that Rockville has a lot to offer if you just look around a bit. Besides the fact that Rockville itself isn't a bad place to live, it does have a convenient Metro station with a short commute into the center of DC.

People of Rockville

One thing I noticed when I went to my relatively homogeneous liberal arts college was that Rockville is incredibly diverse. While many of the area high school districts are divided in ways that lead schools to be skewed towards certain populations, my own school, as well as the city itself, has a pretty even distribution of various ethnicities/nationalities, as well as socio-economic levels. In general, I find the people of Rockville to be very accepting and open-minded.

• Pros:Diversity, nice people, community, near DC
  • Cons:no nightlife, summer weather, suburban sprawl
  • In a nutshell:A pretty nice place to live
  • Last visit to Rockville: Dec 2004
  • Intro Updated Dec 24, 2004

travelingdanna

“If we had been expected to stay in one place, we would have been created with roots.”

Badges & Stats in Rockville

Have you been to Rockville?

Latest Activity in Rockville