"Valley of Fire" Valley of Fire State Park by rsilva
Valley of Fire State Park Travel Guide: 139 reviews and 310 photos
When we decided to visit the US, the idea was not to visit any big cities (OK, San Francisco was an exeption), but to be able to see landscapes that cannot be found in Europe.
Vally of Fire was the first National Park we visited and I found it abolutely amazing.
There's really nothing there to see apart from the scenery. Apart from the information center, there were only rocks, most of them red.
We first arrived at the end of the day and, let me tell you, watching the sunset here in the middle of all the red rocks, was just wonderful.
The next day, we returned and spent most of the day at the park, just walking around.
Since this is basically a desert area, the weather can get very hot and even in May, make sure you bring a lot of water. We were lucky to have a slightly clouded day so it was not unbearably warm, but at the same time, it does not help if you want to take pictures.
Over the years, the wind has shaped the rocks into interesting shapes and, using some imagination, you can see people and animal shapes in the rocks.
Check out the travelogue for more pictures
The different geological formations also create some nice effects like these multi colour rocks on the picture.
This is the visitor's map available at the entrance of the park. This will give you an idea of where to find the spots indicated in the tips
- Pros:Breathtaking scenery
- Cons:Did not have enough time to explore it properly
- In a nutshell:Don't miss it
A backpack with a snack and water should be enough. You can usually park near the hiking trails. Very comfortable shoes... more travel advice
rsilva's Related Pages
Valley of Fire State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Brief Stop Before Civilization: Valley of Fire"
- "Nevada's Finest State Park"
- "In a Word, SPECTACULAR"
- "Valley of Fire State Park"
- "Valley of Fire"
- "Sharrie's Valley of Fire Wilderness"
- "Valley of Fire"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Valley of Fire State Park
- Hotels in Valley of Fire State Park
- Transportation in Valley of Fire State Park
- Restaurants in Valley of Fire State Park
- Shopping in Valley of Fire State Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Valley of Fire State Park
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Valley of Fire State Park
- 3 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Valley of Fire State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Valley of Fire State Park
Photos in Valley of Fire State ParkSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 78 reviews, 108 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lisbon Intro, 50 reviews, 94 photos, 5 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 38 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 14 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monterey Intro, 24 reviews, 28 photos
- Prague Intro, 9 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Île de Porquerolles 8 reviews, 17 photos
- Valley of Fire State Park Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Setúbal Intro, 1 review, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos