"Prague" Prague by rsilva
Prague Travel Guide: 12,004 reviews and 25,280 photos
We first visited Prague in 2001, in the winter and found it to be very charming and beautiful.
This year, we decided to go there again just for a weekend, first because we liked it and also because we wanted to see if it had changed since so much happened the last few years (the big floods, Czech Republic joining the EU).
The picture is a view from the clocktower over the square right in front of the astronomical clock.
Last time we were in Prague in the winter and the weather was very cold. It was beautiful to see the white buildings, but it was also difficult to walk around. This time we decided to go in the summer hoping for some better weather. Unfortunately, it rained most of the time, which is actually worse that cold weather (and I live in the Netherlands).
In any case, when the storm was over, we were rewarded with a beautiful blue sky and a clean city.
This picture was taken literally 2 minutes after it stopped raining
This was actually the first time we got to see the golden lane and I actually managed to take a picture of Kafka's house with almost no people on the street, but it was quite difficult as there was a huge number of tourists (mainly Italian) and the street is very narrow.
The actual house (the blue one) is extremely small, the ceiling is low and it is difficult to imagine someone could actually live there...
Prague's Castle (Hradcany Castle) is the seat of the President and serves as both historical and political centre for city and state. It mixes several architectural styles and is well worth a visit,
On top of this, you also get a nice view of the river and the city from the top of the hill.
Walking back to we ran in to these strange moving statues.
- Pros:Beautiful city
- Cons:Too crowded with tourists
- In a nutshell:You have to visit it at least once
The first time we went to Prague we visited this place and liked it so much we went back there again last year. This is... more travel advice
I know, it's my fault. Who wants to go to El Gaucho in Prague? Well, it was cold, it was our first day in Prague, we... more travel advice
rsilva's Related Pages
Prague Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "What a great and romantic place !"
- "The beautiful town of Prague"
- "WOW! WHAT A WONDERFUL CITY!"
- "Praha is amazing!"
- "Peramble Around Prague"
- "prague czech republic"
- "PRAHA - PRAGUE"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Prague
- Hotels in Prague
- Transportation in Prague
- Nightlife in Prague
- Restaurants in Prague
- Shopping in Prague
- Warnings and Dangers in Prague
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Prague
- 9 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Prague?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Prague
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 78 reviews, 108 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lisbon Intro, 50 reviews, 94 photos, 5 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 38 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 14 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monterey Intro, 24 reviews, 28 photos
- Prague Intro, 9 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Île de Porquerolles 8 reviews, 17 photos
- Valley of Fire State Park Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Setúbal Intro, 1 review, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos