Barcelona Local Custom Tips by rsilva
Barcelona Local Customs: 344 reviews and 295 photos
Don't eat me, I'm not real!
Lunch and dinner in Spain usually starts later that in the rest of Europe.
Most people will have lunch from 14.00 to 16.00 and dinner from 21.00 to 23.30.
One thing that we noticed is that you are usually rushed in the restaurant.
Most of the time the waiter will come and take your order just a minute after you receive the menu, then if you order appetizers and main courses often you get one before finishing the other.
Then you are rushed into ordering desert and/or coffee... and you might or not be given the bill.
After that, however, the waiter will leave you alone for as long as you want. Often you would see people just talking after the desserts for more than an hour... strange.
Barcelona Restaurant (Attic)
Unlike many other places in Europe, in Barcelona most restaurants do not state the prices including the VAT. The menu must clearly say if it is included or not (most of the times it is not).
Look for something like "7% IVA no incluído". Sometimes there is also a service or cover charge (generally expressed as a charge for bread in the menu).
More Reviews (12)
rsilva's Related Pages
Barcelona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Barcelona es bona..."
- "Seamandrew's Barcelona Page"
- "Truly Catalunya, Truly Spain"
- "Barcelona,one of the most beautiful Spanish cities"
- "Addictive Barcelona"
- "BCN, a mediterranean capital"
- "Gaudi is Not the Only Site in the City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Barcelona
- Hotels in Barcelona
- Transportation in Barcelona
- Nightlife in Barcelona
- Restaurants in Barcelona
- Shopping in Barcelona
- Warnings and Dangers in Barcelona
- See All...
Explore the World
- Oriole Beach Hotels
- Misawa Hotels
- La Calerilla Hotels
- Mijdrecht Hotels
Badges & Stats in Barcelona
- 14 Reviews
- 57 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 21 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Barcelona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Barcelona
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 78 reviews, 108 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lisbon Intro, 50 reviews, 94 photos, 5 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 38 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 14 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monterey Intro, 24 reviews, 28 photos
- Prague Intro, 9 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Île de Porquerolles 8 reviews, 17 photos
- Valley of Fire State Park Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Setúbal Intro, 1 review, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos
Latest Barcelona hotel reviews
- Silken Gran Havana
- 288 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 21, 2013
- HCC Regente
- 132 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Condes De Barcelona Hotel
- 460 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 22, 2013
- Hostal Girona
- 110 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Hotel Call
- 78 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 1, 2013
- NH Podium Hotel Barcelona
- 143 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Camping El Roca
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 10, 2005
- BCN Loft
- 33 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 16, 2013
- Hotel Medium Monegal
- 130 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Catalonia Atenas Hotel
- 110 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013
- Hostal Ciudad Condal
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 21, 2013
- 107 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- Hesperia Sant Just Hotel
- 83 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Parc Guell- 311 Reviews, 618 Photos
- Temple de la Sagrada Familia- 429 Reviews, 878 Photos
- Las Ramblas- 224 Reviews, 358 Photos
- Casa Mila - La Pedrera- 179 Reviews, 334 Photos
- Tibidabo- 56 Reviews, 108 Photos
- Montjuic- 75 Reviews, 144 Photos
- Cathedral La Seu- 122 Reviews, 217 Photos
- Beaches- 71 Reviews, 124 Photos
- Barri Gotico- 165 Reviews, 295 Photos
- Casa Batlló- 120 Reviews, 252 Photos
See All Barcelona Things to Do