Île de Porquerolles Restaurant Tips by rsilva
Île de Porquerolles Restaurants: 4 reviews and 4 photos
On our first day on the island and without any special recommendations, we decided to try this restaurant, it looked as good as any other.
Since it was early, it was almost empty and we got a table with a relatively nice view over the port.
We were not very hungry, so we just had a main course each. I had an ostrich steak, but due to my poor French, I got it a bit to rare for my taste, although I still enjoyed it.
My wife had a Dorade (apparently Sea Bream in English), which she particularly enjoyed.
Service was very good, efficient and friendly.
Prices were quite steep, 20Eur for the fish and 16 for the meat is not exactly cheap. Starters were up to 14 Eur and desserts were around 6-8 Eur.
Address: Place D'armes
Comparison: about average
Directions: Opposite the church
Phone: 04 94 57 54 22
Porquerolles is a small place and almost all restaurants are concentrated around the main square.
This one had been recommended by our friends and it was, indeed, a great choice.
We were lucky to arrive relatively early as shortly after we arrived, all tables were taken.
As you can probably see from the picture, it has a nice little terrace and on a beautiful evening (like when we were there), it makes for a very pleasant meal.
Eating on the island is never cheap and this restaurant was no exception, however there was a fixed-price menu which at 25Eur was great value for money.
The starter was an octopus salad which was good, but not great as the octopus was a bit too chewy. The main was a choice of fish or meat and we had one of each. Don't remember what kind of fish it was, but it was quite good. I had a steak which was tender, but not particularly tasty.
The desserts, were really good. I had the chocolate mousse, which was actually a piece of cake made out of chocolate mousse with a praline base and my wife had the yogurt with red fruits.
We were both very satisfied.
Service was excellent, with a very happy looking waitress that made you feel good. It had some nice details such as a large menu in a wooden frame that is placed on a chair next to you while you make the choice.
Although the food we had was not the best we ever had (the plates going to the other tables looked great!), the setting and the excellent service made it a very good experience
Judging by the amount of people on the day we were there, I suggest booking during the high season.
Favorite Dish: The desserts were the highlight of the evening, but some of the other dishes we saw looked amazing.
Address: Place D'Armes
Comparison: about average
Directions: Right next to the church
Phone: 04 98 04 63 00
More Reviews (6)
rsilva's Related Pages
Île de Porquerolles Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "L'île de Porquerolles"
- "Île de Porquerolles"
- "Ile de Porquerolles Page"
- "peacefull porquerolles!"
- "South of France paradise"
- "No auto on the island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Île de Porquerolles
- Hotels in Île de Porquerolles
- Transportation in Île de Porquerolles
- Restaurants in Île de Porquerolles
- Shopping in Île de Porquerolles
- Warnings and Dangers in Île de Porquerolles
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Île de Porquerolles
- 8 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Île de Porquerolles?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Île de Porquerolles
Photos in Île de PorquerollesSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 78 reviews, 108 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lisbon Intro, 50 reviews, 94 photos, 5 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 38 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 14 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monterey Intro, 24 reviews, 28 photos
- Prague Intro, 9 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Île de Porquerolles 8 reviews, 17 photos
- Valley of Fire State Park Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Setúbal Intro, 1 review, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos