"My travel pages" rsilva's Profile
As usual, have not really had any time to update the pages.
We just came back from our honeymoon, a trip to South America to two places that had been high on my to-go list for many years:
- Machu Picchu
We started by flying in to Lima, but the next day we went to Cusco where we stayed only a couple of days before starting the very challenging (at least for us) 4-day Inca trail up to Macchu Picchu.
It is a very tiring experience, which I am glad we did, but will not do again!
The feeling when you actually get to the ruins is absolutely amazing - the conquest of a very difficult challenge makes it worth it. Unfortunately, the weather was bad and we were denied a first chance to see Machu Picchu from the Sun gate...
After that, we spent new year in Cusco, which was also very nice and then few to Quito, our last stop before the Galapagos.
The islands were as beautiful as we had hoped and it was especially wonderful to be able to get so close to all the animals. I am preparing a page which I hope will be ready sometime soon...
As always, my goal is still to provide as accurate as possible tips for places I have visited (or lived in). Although it might seem I am food obsessed due to the high number of restaurant tips, that is not the case :). I just happen to like food and am also quite demanding about it.
I will be happy to help anyone with more specific information regarding my hometown or any other place I have been to. Please feel free to email me and I will do my best to answer quickly.
We have been quite fortunate lately as we have had the chance to travel quite a lot.
Our last major travels were:
- Equador/Galapagos (January 2008)
- Peru/Macchu Picchu (December 2007)
- Toronto (December 2007)
- Porquerolles, France (September, 2007)
- Siracusa, Italy (July 2007 - for my wedding :))
- New York (February 2007)
- Singapore (January 2008)
- Australia (December 2006/Jan 2007)
I hope to eventually create some pages for the Australian destinations where I spent the most time, but I don't see that happening very soon (although you never know...)
Most pages include travelogues with mainly pictures as I think they can help illustrating what you will be able to see.
Since the last year(s) have been quite busy, I expect this one to be relatively quiet. We will be going to the US in a few months and have still not decided which areas to visit yet) and a trip to Italy and maybe Portugal to visit the family are likely.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 306 Reviews
- 599 Photos
- 14 Countries
- 44 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
- rsilva and La_Holandesa are now friends.
- Commented on kemisteryoso's profile page
- Wrote a Review Near-luxury hotel at a great price in Quito Hotels
- Uploaded a Photo to "Near-luxury hotel at a great price"
- updated a Cusco Travel Page "Cusco - our resting place after the Inca trail"
updated their Profile Page "My travel pages"
- Posted in Travel Lisbon Forum "RE: RE: Lisbon, Portugal"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 78 reviews, 108 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lisbon Intro, 50 reviews, 94 photos, 5 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 38 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 14 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monterey Intro, 24 reviews, 28 photos
- Prague Intro, 9 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Île de Porquerolles 8 reviews, 17 photos
- Valley of Fire State Park Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Setúbal Intro, 1 review, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54964 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2701 Reviews - 7925 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23314 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15642 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8419 Reviews - 17290 Photos