"Bratislava... Slovak Republic" Bratislava by RandomDreamer
Bratislava Travel Guide: 2,032 reviews and 4,525 photos
What can not be said about Bratislava... the city that has it all. It's not suprising that the majority of travellers I met here feel they could live in this fine place. I can't think of anyone I've met who's been here and not liked it. However, Bratislava is hardly the most visited place on earth and dispite it's prominent geographical position, it remains figuratively hidden.
Twice now I've been here and had to tear myself away. Starkly contrasting in just about everything. You come across the most ramshackle shopping area by the famous SNP square and the intriguing housing nightmare that is the Petrzalka district lies just by Austria across the Danube. In your face communist architecture stands out at every turn and reminds you that this is no ordinary place, as do the intelligently placed and interesting modern statues dotted around town.
Don't write off Bratislava. Unless you don't want to meet the friendliest people, see the most interesting architecture and drink the best beer in Europe!
- Pros:Gritty atmosphere and amazing architecture
- Cons:Paradoxally, the gritty atmosphere can leave you slightly on edge...
- In a nutshell:You don't know what you're missing
South of the Danube lies Petrzalka... the massive and sprawling Petrzalka district. Built by the communist government to... more travel advice
I always go to the castle in a city. To be honest, I don't go in (well... only in Krakow but didn't have much fun). I... more travel advice
RandomDreamer's Related Pages
Bratislava Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Vitajte v Bratislave !"
- "Bratislava - My Hometown"
- "Bratislava - Gateway to the Little Carpathians"
- "Bratislava - Proud to play second fiddle"
- "Bratislava - The smallest big city"
- "Bratislava - The Beauty on the Danube"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bratislava
- Hotels in Bratislava
- Transportation in Bratislava
- Nightlife in Bratislava
- Restaurants in Bratislava
- Shopping in Bratislava
- Warnings and Dangers in Bratislava
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bratislava
- 13 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Bratislava?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bratislava
Photos in BratislavaSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Isle of Skye Intro, 19 reviews, 24 photos
- Prague Intro, 21 reviews, 17 photos
- Bratislava Intro, 13 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Krakow Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Glastonbury Intro, 11 reviews, 10 photos
- Budapest Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Paris Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Keszthely Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vienna Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Poprad Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.