"Glastonbury Festival... England" Glastonbury by RandomDreamer
Glastonbury Travel Guide: 138 reviews and 437 photos
Pilton Farm in Glastonbury is a normal Somerset farm... apart from one weekend a year when almost 200,000 people descend on this peaceful place for a weekend of sheer musical bliss.
World Famous and attracting the best bands everyone wants to be at Glasto... that's why tickets always sell out within about 3 hours of going on sale.
(Please note, Glastonbury will not be happening in 2006... it returns for the summer of 2007). Check www.aloud.com for ticket info nearer the time.
There are also other smaller mini-festivals here. Most notably the Pilton Party in September which is played on one evening and camping is optional. Tickets for these are usually available at the gate but will sell out early. There's always a gate where locals can get in after it sells out so ask around, ignore the officials who tell you to turn around and you may be in luck.
There's also quite a nice town here (I've never been there... I'm only for the festival, sorry!)
Before you worry about the rain, the toilets, which bands you're going to see, what you're going to eat, where you're... more travel advice
Getting to Glastonbury is easy... getting back not so. On the way there people tend to arrive between wednesday and... more travel advice
RandomDreamer's Related Pages
Glastonbury Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "GLASTONBURY - QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS!"
- "The Mystical Isle of Avalon"
- "Glastonbury - not just for hippies"
- "Glastonbury - Tranquility at it's finest!"
- "Glastonbury Festival"
- "England's mountains green"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Glastonbury
- Hotels in Glastonbury
- Transportation in Glastonbury
- Nightlife in Glastonbury
- Restaurants in Glastonbury
- Shopping in Glastonbury
- Warnings and Dangers in Glastonbury
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Glastonbury
- 11 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Glastonbury?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Glastonbury
Photos in GlastonburySee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Isle of Skye Intro, 19 reviews, 24 photos
- Prague Intro, 21 reviews, 17 photos
- Bratislava Intro, 13 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Krakow Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Glastonbury Intro, 11 reviews, 10 photos
- Budapest Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Paris Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Keszthely Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vienna Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Poprad Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.