"Yogyakarta" Yogyakarta Special Region by DidiBeachBum
Yogyakarta Special Region Travel Guide: 985 reviews and 2,624 photos
Prambanan Temple is Located just about 15 mins from the airport, 17 km to the east of Yogyakarta. Named after the village, it is the biggest Hindhu Temple complex in Java built in the 10th century. . It was mainly dedicated to Hindhu god, Shiva and features the other two gods of trimurti: Krishna and Brahma. The temple was established almost at the same time as Borobudur temple with the height of 149 m2.
To get to Prambanan temple, the closest city to reach is Yogya. The city is accessible by daily flight from major cities in Indonesia like Jakarta, Surabaya and Denpasar. From Yogya, you can either take a taxi or bus (Yogya-Solo), and the temple is situated right on the main street to Solo. The best time to visit Prambanan is in the morning (8-10 AM) or in the afternoon (3-6 PM) when the temperature is warm. In the evening, especially during the full moon, the temple hosts a dance performance taken from the epic Ramayana. The stage is located strategically so that the temple becomes the backdrop of the performance.
Best go there on the weekdays, thus there are barely any tourists at all. You can take photos as much as you want coz you'd have to temples all to yourself :)
tell you the truth, i dont know the stories that lie behind the wall..
As i was walking down the road, i saw this traditional javanese house which i thought was an art galery or something. It... more travel advice
Malioboro st is the most popular street in Yogya and where all the action is.. You can jump into a becak (Indonesian... more travel advice
DidiBeachBum's Related Pages
Yogyakarta Special Region Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Between Merapi Volcano and the Indian Ocean"
- " The Hearts of JAVA CULTURE"
- "Yogya has it: Culture, nature and entertainment!"
- "Baron bay in the 70ies"
- "UNDER CONSTRUCTION"
- "Yogyakarta: Life Under Shadow Of Merapi Volcano"
- "HAND DRAWN BATIK MAKING"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Yogyakarta Special Region
- Hotels in Yogyakarta Special Region
- Transportation in Yogyakarta Special Region
- Nightlife in Yogyakarta Special Region
- Restaurants in Yogyakarta Special Region
- Shopping in Yogyakarta Special Region
- Warnings and Dangers in Yogyakarta Special Region
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yogyakarta Special Region
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Yogyakarta Special Region?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yogyakarta Special Region
Photos in Yogyakarta Special RegionSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Suaka Margasatwa Ujungkulon Intro, 17 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pelabuhanratu Intro, 11 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pulau Seribu Intro, 7 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pulau Flores Intro, 4 reviews, 31 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Komodo Intro, 10 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pangandaran Intro, 10 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pulau Bunaken Intro, 12 reviews, 19 photos
- Sumbawa Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Bandung Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos
- Ujunggenteng Intro, 8 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue