"Ujung Genteng - South Sukabumi - West Java" Ujunggenteng by DidiBeachBum
Ujunggenteng Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 27 photos
Located approximately 3 hr drive further south from Pelabuhan ratu. Ujung Genteng has a beautiful untapped creamy sandy beach. At night you can go to Pangumbahan beach to watch turtle come to shore to lay eggs on the sandy beach. Ujung Genteng is a turtle conservation area. Sadly in reality, they never really put the eggs in hatchery, and more often sell the eggs in the market.
there's an informative article I found on WWF site.
Saving our Global Voyagers:
Help WWF & Canon to Save the Marine Turtles
Marine turtles have travelled the sea for over 100 million years. Today, six of the seven species of marine turtles are listed as endangered or critically endangered, and the outlook is increasingly grim. Turtle populations are in steep decline in many areas, as nesting beaches are converted to holiday resorts, turtles and their eggs are over-harvested for food, and turtles are accidentally caught and killed in fishing nets.
As a result of the reduction in marine turtles, both ecosystems and people are suffering. Coral reefs and sea grass beds are among the marine ecosystems becoming unbalanced as marine turtles decline. Opportunities to create sustainable livelihoods for coastal communities through ecotourism are rapidly disappearing in many places as turtle populations plummet. The cultural importance attached to marine turtles will also fade. Only global conservation effort will ensure their survival.
this river is formed during high tide and will be dry in low tide. You'd have to cross this river when going to Pabumbahan beach for turtle watching. You can take Ojek or motorcycle taxi, the common local transportation. The distance from Pondok Hexa (tHexa Cottage) is about 6 km.
Colorful traditional boats in Ujung Genteng Fisherman Village
A beautiful resort is located just a few kilometers away from Ujung Genteng Fishermen village. I forgot the name of the... more travel advice
Ofcourse you must not miss it. You can also rent a boat and go fishing. The owner of the boat will be happy to take you... more travel advice
DidiBeachBum's Related Pages
Ujunggenteng Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ujung Genteng : Great waves & Giant Turtles"
- "Ujung Genteng - South Sukabumi - West Java"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ujunggenteng
- Hotels in Ujunggenteng
- Transportation in Ujunggenteng
- Nightlife in Ujunggenteng
- Restaurants in Ujunggenteng
- Warnings and Dangers in Ujunggenteng
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Ujunggenteng
- 8 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Ujunggenteng?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ujunggenteng
- Posted in Travel Indonesia Forum "Re: Jakarta"
- updated a Ujunggenteng Travel Page "Ujung Genteng - South Sukabumi - West Java"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Sunset in Ujung Genteng Sky"
- Wrote a Review Green green grass of home in Ujunggenteng Things to Do
- Commented on one of vicka's Ujunggenteng travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Suaka Margasatwa Ujungkulon Intro, 17 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pelabuhanratu Intro, 11 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pulau Seribu Intro, 7 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pulau Flores Intro, 4 reviews, 31 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Komodo Intro, 10 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pangandaran Intro, 10 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pulau Bunaken Intro, 12 reviews, 19 photos
- Sumbawa Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Bandung Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos
- Ujunggenteng Intro, 8 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue