"My Travels" danasuzanne's Profile

Roma/Venezia, Italy, November 2005
Paris, France, April 2006
Paris/Prague, November 2006
Roma, Italy, November 2007

If I have seen further...

"If I have seen further, it is only because I have stood on the shoulders of giants."-Isaac Newton
Great culture and art has the power to elevate one's mind and spirit. Some life changing shows for me have been, The Vatican museums, Sistene chapel, David, Fra Angelico museum, Matisse & Picasso/MOMA, The Quilts of Gee's Bend/ MOMA, Japanese Fabric Design/MOMA, the Oceanic Wing at the MET, the Islamic Wing at the MET, Marimekko, Mackie/FIT, Musee D'Orsay in Paris, Musee Picasso/Paris, Giverny, Musee Matisse/Nicea, Parc Guell/Barcelona

For all you Fashionistas, Check out Nan Kempner/American Chic at the Met in NYC through March 4th

Favorites, Just to name a few-

Sports: Tae Kwon Do (I'm a Red Belt), Horsebackriding, Hiking
Designers: Emilio Pucci, Marimekko, Issey Miyake
Music: Jazz, Motown, The Beatles
Foods: Sushi, Indian, Italian
Cities: Rome, Paris, New York

Some of my favorite places in the US-

New York City & Brooklyn
Pennsylvania, Allentown
Kentucky, Newport on the Levy
Newport Rhode Island, the Mansions
Washington DC
Chicago, great Blues clubs!

Building these pages has given me the opportunity to reminisce on many adventures that have transpired in the last six years. I am an artist & graphic designer. My trips have been in the footsteps of the great masters, where they have painted, studied or lived. I'm constantly inspired by history, fashion, art, nature. I'm fortunate to have friends and family who indulge my passion for travel. Friends with whom a conversation will spontaneously spark a trip. So many memories. I'm so glad that I took each opportunity as it presented itself. Carpe Diem, right? I always travel with a sketchbook and a camera. I feel most alive when traveling. There is nothing like having time to think, watch & listen. Each day in another country equals 1000 regular days.

My best tip for deals is www.travelzoo.com. They have a free weekly newsletter that rates the top 20 deals in the world. I've often started with the package they offer & added days, locations from there.

www.gate1travel.com is another good resource for hotel/air packages. Also www.faremax.com for flight pricing comparison.

Inspired Books

African Flags of the Fante, Iran Awakening by Shirin Ebadi, The Quilts of Gee's Bend, Inside the Hyena's Belly, 1000 years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Siddhartha, Jazz Poems, The Collected Works of Paul Bowles, The Sheltering Sky by Paul Bowles, Tannaka Ikko Graphic Master, Why Not Associates, Gilles Bensimon, Autobiography of a Yogi by Yogananda, Arabian Nights...

• Intro Updated Jun 14, 2007

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• CEP1863's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Wishing you a very happy birthday.

• dustmon's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2010 at 7:42 AM

enjoyed looking through your pics----yellow submarine is my favorite movie, too! dustmon

• Mikebond's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2008 at 2:17 AM

Happy birthday Dana! Greetings from Italy, Michele

• gugi66's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2008 at 1:45 AM

Happy birthday and best wishes. Greetings from Stockholm, Sweden.

• alayola's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2007 at 3:05 PM

Hi Dana, Happy B-day, love your travel page, great pic on moroco. thanks for sharing... Joaquin

• traveloturc's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2007 at 11:48 AM

Happy birthday to you from Istanbul/Turkiye..I wish that you realize all your dreams...good luck ...

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2007 at 8:56 AM

A very special birthday wish goes out to you from Chicago. Hope your day is perfect.

• roamingpaddy's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2007 at 1:56 AM

Birthday greetings to ya Dana from Ireland,enjoy! :)

• sayedaburas's Profile Photo
    Nov 9, 2007 at 9:38 PM

♫•:*¨`*:•Happy birthday to you♫♫Happy b-day to you♫HAPPY BIRTHDAY to ღDANAღ ♫♫Happy b-day to yoou•:*¨`*:•♫ I wish you not only a happy year, but also happier maany returns (~_~)

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
danasuzanne's Profile Photo

danasuzanne

“There are always flowers for those who want to see them ?Matisse”

Real Name