"ICELAND" Iceland by lazyman_1
Iceland Travel Guide: 5,617 reviews and 16,748 photos
Iceland is one of the most geologically active places in the world. What that translates into is a country full of natural wonder and staggeringly rugged beauty.
The people of Iceland are equally interesting. Fun loving, friendly, strongly proud of their Icelandic heritage and just a bit eclectic (but in a great way)!!.
If you're considering Iceland as a travel destination I assure you, you won't regret it.
Reykjavik is the northernmost capital city in the world and home to 185 000 of the 300 000 people that reside in Iceland. This was the base for most of our excursions out into the country. Reykjavik has both a distinctive and weathered looking old town as well as a vibrant newly built part of the city.
Reykjavik has an extremly modern feel to it in its architrecture, fasion and atmosphere. Reykjavik is also home to one of the wildest bar scenes around. Prohibition was only lifted in 1989 and Icelanders appear to be making up for lost time
The landscape in Iceland is some of the most dramatic landscape in the world. There exists thousands of waterfalls including europe's most powerfull, hundreds of volcanoes, 22 still considered highly active, Europes largest glacierand countless other hotsprings, thermal vents bubbling mud pools, and several geysirs.
One is struck with just how little vegetation there is in iceland. Although it is often said, the landscape really does have a lunar look to it. Iceland is most definately one of th most unique and interesting destinations you'll ever encounter.
There are many many caves to be explored in Iceland. Not for the claustrophobic or those afraid of the dark. Tour... more travel advice
One of my only critizisms of Iceland is the astronomical prices of things. I'm sure i'm not the first and I won't be the... more travel advice
lazyman_1's Related Pages
Iceland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "ICELAND - THE LAND OF ICE AND FIRE."
- "From Seyðisfjörður to Seyðisfjörður"
- "Incredible ICELAND"
- "A land of Fire, water and ice!"
- "Surprising Iceland!"
- "Iceland: small wonder!"
- "a childhood dream come true at last"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Iceland
- Hotels in Iceland
- Transportation in Iceland
- Nightlife in Iceland
- Restaurants in Iceland
- Shopping in Iceland
- Warnings and Dangers in Iceland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Iceland
- 31 Reviews
- 66 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Iceland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Iceland
Top 10 Pages
- Las Vegas Intro, 45 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Iceland Intro, 31 reviews, 66 photos
- Banff National Park Intro, 33 reviews, 49 photos
- Arches National Park Intro, 26 reviews, 41 photos
- Zion National Park Intro, 24 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tofino Intro, 19 reviews, 33 photos
- Scotland Intro, 19 reviews, 26 photos
- Lauterbrunnen Intro, 13 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bled Intro, 14 reviews, 22 photos
- Salzburg Intro, 13 reviews, 21 photos