"Canadian Traveler" lazyman_1's Profile

Myself

Hello

Well, it's become apparant that i'm officially a travel junkie. I Just love to travel. I seem to be in a constant battle with both money and getting time of of work to allow me to get away. I always seem to have a trip on the horizon and up until the day I leave i'm here on VT doing research or reading about where i'm going.

I'm drawn to places that offer spectacular scenery, National Parks and the outdoors. I love hiking, being out on the water. I ususally don't spend much time in bigger cities opting instead to get away to the quieter, more scenic spots. I'm also always open to suggestions. I have a running list of places on my "To Go To" list but am always open to new suggestions.

I'm pretty much an open book, if theres something that you'd like to know about me or any of the places i've been to, i'd be happy to chat and answer questions. Also, if you just want to say hi then thats fine too. I love hearing from people across the globe so drop me a line sometime.

Until then ,
Happy travels

My travel companion

This is Ester, Esti for short. My girlfriend of 3+ years now, you'll see her smiling face peppered across my pages. For the most part my travels are her travels so you could consider these pages hers as well. Most of the photograpy is done by her, with the obvious exceptions of shots with her in them.
If not for her I wouldn't have much to share here on VT. It's nice to have somebody so cool along for the ride!
I look forward to many more great trips!

*Update*

Its a done deal!! married on September the 15th and enjoyed thouroughly our 2 week honeymoon in Ireland.

My Boston Bruins

This season was a tremendous surprise for most Bruins fans. Making the playoffs was not a very reasonable goal at the outset of the season as many of the so-called "experts" had the team finishing in the bottom 5 of the entire league.

with star forward Patrice Bergeron's season ending injury only 10 games into the season, things looked rather bleak, but that turn for the worst never occured. This is a team that scratched and clawed its way through most every game and when the dust finally settled, they had managed to find their way into the post season.

They Bruins success this season can be attributed to many different factors. The all star calibre play of goalie Tim Thomas, the re-emergence of Zdeno Chara after an off year, Marc Savard's continued point production and the play of young Bruins talent such as Davis Krecji, Vladimir Sobotka, Peteri Nokaleinan and my personal favorite Milan Lucic. The true catalyst of the Bruins resurgence however can be traced back to head coach Claude Julien who instilled a defence first system to address the B's most troublesome aspect of past seasons.

The Bruins drew the Montreal Canadiens in round 1, a team that were unsuccessful in beaten during 8 regular season games. The Bruins took the Habs to a 7th and deciding game but lost out in the end. What they did do however was show the league how to nullify the leagues most potent power play , the key ingredient to Montreals regular season success. Montreal went on to lose decisively in 5 games in round two

This off season should be especially interesting for the Bruins as speculation is swirling around what is in store. players such as Glen Murray and Peter Schaeffer are rumoured to be departing one way or another and high profile free agent Marian Hossa is a much talked about possibility to be signed.

The next month and a half should be very interesting in the hockey world as we will see a Stanley Cup champion crowned, the NHL entry draft will take place this June 20th and 21st, a time that traditionally sees many trades come to fruition, followed shortly thereafter by July 1st when free agency opens.

All in all a great, fun-filled season in beantown and a promising 2008-09 season to look forward to.

LETS GO BRUINS!!!!

Pick where I go Next........You may win a prize!!!

One of my problems with traveling is that I have so many places I want to visit, that deciding where to go next becomes a challenge, so here's where you come in. I'm always open to suggestions and frankly, I could use the help so don't hesitate to throw your two cents in on where I should go next

The current plan: Another jaunt in Vegas this July!

The contenders:

New Zealand, Sweden, Argentina, Thailand, Greece, South Korea, Costa Rica, Norway, Romania, Indonesia, Kenya, Madeira, Faroe Islands, China, Finland, Venezuela, Jordan, Croatia, France, Bhutan, Ethiopia, Jasper Naiotnal Park, Germany, Egypt, Alaska, Namibia, Japan, Yosemite National Park, Italy, Gros Morne national Park.

Regrets list

This isnt so much of a regrets list but more of a still to do list. this is a running list of places which i didn't get the opportunity to visit on my initial trip to that respective country/ Most every country I visit, invariably I don't get to see or do things which I had planned on or learned about while visiting. Here goes!

Ireland: Skellig Micheal, Dublin, Kilarney Lakes, Ring of Kerry

Iceland: glacial lagoon, landmannalauger, akureyri

Austria: Vienna

Slovenia: Triglav National Park

Switzerland: The matterhorn

Peru: lake Titikaka, Arequipa, Vilcabamba

My favorite Picture

This photo was taken in Zion national park in Utah from atop Angels Landing. The hike took about 2.5 hours to reach this point but at the end of it all it was so very worth it!
Without a doubt one of the most awe inspiring sights i've ever laid eyes on and the most rewarding hike i'd ever done. I spent about a half hour on the top just soaking up the scenery.
Early settlers to the canyon thought that they'd discovered heaven on Earth. Can't really argue with that.

Ian Wright - the ultimate traveler!

I was very happy to get to meet Ian Wright in Toronto. He's the host of Pilot guides (or loney planet or globetrekker depending where you live). He was a very very funny guy, full of crazy travel stories. In my opinion, he probably has the greatest job in the world.

Great guy, much shorter than I thought!

Lifelong list of goals

This is my corny little list of things that I want accomplish in my lifetime. it may grow over time but thats ok. Its good to have goals anyways I'd say
anyways, here goes:

-Visit each continent at least once

North America: ****Check****

Australia/Oceania:

Antarctica:

-Run in a marathon
-Learn to juggle
-Meet Sarah Michelle Gellar, buffy to those who don't know. (I got a thing for her :)
-Learn to do a back flip
-See the Boston Bruins win the Stanely cup
-Walk the Incan Trail****Check****
-Buy a house in a foreign country (New Zealand)
-Attend a World Junior Hockey Championships
-Win a big poker tournament
-Visit every Canadian provine and territory
so far: BC, Alberta, Ontario Quebec
-Attend a Winter Olympic Games
-Attend a Summer Olympic Games
-See the Amazon river and rainforest
Visit all 7 new wonders of the world

7)Machu Picchu- Peru****Check****

• Intro Updated May 18, 2008

• briantravelman's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2014 at 5:34 PM

I agree with you. That's why I don't watch the news. They don't care if they ruin the reputation of a place, as long as it gets them good ratings. The news should be the last source anyone uses. I always get my safety information from other sources.

• Sagespot's Profile Photo
    Dec 31, 2011 at 5:48 AM

I hope you have a safe and healthy New Year. Happy travels! Cheers - Sage

• violette_ca's Profile Photo
    Jun 16, 2010 at 10:25 AM

Hi, I took so much informations in your Las Vegas page. Thank you :-)

• agapotravel's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2009 at 4:15 AM

Happy Birthday, Adam! I hope you're doing well! :-)

• Etoile2B's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2008 at 10:18 AM

Happy Birthday from sunny California!

• Karolina01's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2008 at 7:43 PM

Happy happy birthday to you!!

• mikehanneman's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2008 at 1:35 PM

Happy Birthday! How was trip trip out west? Mike in Iowa.

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Aug 19, 2007 at 2:41 PM

I love your opening picture = Edinburgh = what a great city!!

• lohki's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2007 at 6:45 AM

Pssst any questions about Banff let me know. If you have a chance I love hiking up to Larch Valley, or any of the hikes up there at Valley of the Ten Peaks. Where are you staying in Banff, and if you want to spend some cash, the Grizzly House is a hoot!

• Ericasmurf99's Profile Photo
    May 13, 2007 at 9:53 AM

How did you meet Ian??? I love Ian...and Samantha Brown. I always have the travel channel on, lol. It is called Globetrekker where I am from (I didn't know it was called other things in other places!) PS...Congrats on the engagement!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
lazyman_1's Profile Photo

lazyman_1

“I fail to believe that the world is the big scary place we see on tv”

Real Name