"The City of Fine Art" Top 5 Page for this destination Patan by Folbi
Patan Travel Guide: 69 reviews and 260 photos
Some eight kilometers south of central Kathmandu situated on a plateau across the Bagmati river is the lovely little city called Latipur, also known as Patan, the city of fine arts.
Of the three Royal cities of the Valley, Patan Durbar Square is the one with the most architectural splendor and artistic beauty.
This three storey golden pagoda of Shakyamuni (Lord Buddha) was built in the 12th century by king Bhaskar Verma. it is... more travel advice
Folbi's Related Pages
Patan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The nicest place in Kathmandu Valley"
- "PATAN (Lalitpur in Sanskrit, or Yala in Newari)"
- "Patan the Ancient Capital of Nepal."
- "The City of Fine Art"
- "Old Royal City."
- "Patan Old Newari Capital"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Patan
- Transportation in Patan
- Restaurants in Patan
- Shopping in Patan
- Warnings and Dangers in Patan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Patan
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Patan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Patan
Photos in PatanSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Wales Intro, 12 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Porto Intro, 19 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Delhi Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Kathmandu Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Royal Chitwan Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
- India Intro, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nepal Intro, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Snowdonia Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Pokhara Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos