"Scotland For The Brave" Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland by stevezero

Scotland Travel Guide: 12,704 reviews and 28,316 photos

Scotland, it's a place where we spent a lot of time these days. Why? Simply because it has so much to offer and every time we go north of the border we always discover somerthing different.
Over the last few years we have travelled the west coast, Skye and the highlands, but these days we spent most of our vacation time in Aberdeenshire. It's a place we love dearly and we always come back for more. So much so that this Scottish page will be somewhat biased towards the North East of the country.

Apart from the glorious scenary, the history, and the people, there is also the whisky.
Only recently have I discovered for myself the quality of the single malt. Everyone has their own favourites, but I was totally hoooked after a visit to Glen Grant. They do a free tour and a tasting of their various products and we couldn't leave without clutching a bottle of their finest 10 year old.

• Pros:Scenary, people, history, whisky
  • In a nutshell:One of the finest places on the planet
  • Intro Updated Mar 16, 2005

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2010 at 8:13 AM

Enjoyed reading this. Back up to Dumfries and Galloway on Thurs. for a few days. It's going to snow.....!

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2010 at 12:27 AM

Stunning opening pic Steve!! I have added the link on my favourite pic travelogue on my home page....if you don't mind. Cheers, Ann :o)

• Roadquill's Profile Photo
    Dec 14, 2006 at 11:28 PM

Great info. I will be checking your pages more often as I prepare for our trip to Scotland next year. cheers, Karl

• lohki's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2006 at 7:25 AM

Wow! Greetings from Toronto, Canada. I am hoping to travel to Scotland next year, I can not wait to pour through your pages. Thank you.

• RaHeNi's Profile Photo
    Aug 2, 2006 at 9:59 AM

Beautiful pictures about Scotland and interesting info! I'm looking forward to the September meetings in Glasgow & Edingborough. RaHeNi

• hevbell's Profile Photo
    Jun 18, 2006 at 5:12 AM

great Scotland page! Lot of places I have yet to visit. Hope you don't mind if I add you to my friends so I can come back and have a better look :)

• andrewwhite's Profile Photo
    Jun 18, 2006 at 5:02 AM

Awesome pages here. Well researched. You did miss Tantallon Castle though between Dirleton & Dunbar. Definately return to this site 0 great stuff.

• Florida999's Profile Photo
    May 8, 2006 at 10:39 AM

Nice castle photos! I really wanted to visit Eilean Donan , but we ran out of time.

• JessH's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2006 at 12:02 AM

Hello Steve. WOW! I'm all castled-out after reading your amazing tips & enjoying your stunning photosgraphs... and it seems you even managed to capture some sunny days in Scotland as well! haha! Greetings from Dubai :-) Jess

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Nov 14, 2005 at 1:25 AM

Great page! Fascinating castles, abbeys and churches. So far I have only seen Edinburgh Castle, Linlithgow and Stirling in reality. Thank you for taking me back there. Loved the Pictish stones.

stevezero

“"All I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" - James T Kirk”

Badges & Stats in Scotland

• 1,643 Photos

Have you been to Scotland?

Latest Activity in Scotland