"Tasmania, better the Devil, you know" Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania by stevezero
State of Tasmania Travel Guide: 1,706 reviews and 4,540 photos
During my time living in Holland, quite a few years ago now, one of my work colleagues there endearingly referred to me as "die ijland bewoner" Literally that island inhabitant,
Well I suppose living on an island (albeit a long way from the sea) gives me an infinity for other islands, and somehow I tend to be drawn towards the sea.
Thus Tasmania seemed the ideal choice for a holiday, especially armed with a cut price airline ticket on BA, courtesy of a newspaper promotion (bless um!)
We made this trip to Tasmania, Australia in March 2002. Before we left we were not to familiar with this island state, but we were pleasantly surprised by what we found there. The scenary was spectacular and the people warm and friendly.
Tasmania, a land of contrasts and vast tracts of virgin rainforest. Difficult to pick out out our favourite places, but we'll try.......
Although, not huge by Australian standards, do not try to do Tasmania in a few days. A week is pushing it and in the two weeks we spent there, we only got a flavour of the place that left us craving for more.
Within these pages I will try an explain, what made Tasmania so special to me, and I only hope that I will return to the State again in the near future.
For much more on Tasmania see our website.......... Tasmania 2002
- Pros:Nice people, remote wildnerness, national parks
- In a nutshell:Go There!
Unusually for us we stayed in a cabin or as we would call it a static caravan. Still it was nice and comfy in a nice... more travel advice
A suspension bridge spans part of the Cataract Gorge. It is a for foot passengers only, and is a bit rickety Great views... more travel advice
stevezero's Related Pages
State of Tasmania Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tasmania, better the Devil, you know"
- "Away from the madding crowd"
- "Tasmania - Australia's best kept secret"
- "7 Days in Heaven... I Mean Tassie"
- "Tasmania the 'anchor' for mainland Australia."
- See All...
- Things to Do in State of Tasmania
- Hotels in State of Tasmania
- Transportation in State of Tasmania
- Nightlife in State of Tasmania
- Restaurants in State of Tasmania
- Shopping in State of Tasmania
- Warnings and Dangers in State of Tasmania
- See All...
Explore the World
- Little Talbot Island State Park Hotels
- Porto Santo Island
- Saint Louis
- Rhode Island Hotels
- Ulu Kelang Hotels
- Surat Hotels
- Saddlebunch Keys Hotels
- Province of Ontario
- Lago Albano
- New Caledonia
- Greater Accra Region
- Antelope Island
- The Bahamas
- Monaco Hotels
- Giardini Naxos
Badges & Stats in State of Tasmania
- 85 Reviews
- 120 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (63)
Have you been to State of Tasmania?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in State of Tasmania
Photos in State of TasmaniaSee All Photos (120)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Intro, 275 reviews, 771 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aberdeen Intro, 114 reviews, 188 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Derbyshire Intro, 73 reviews, 138 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 85 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 43 reviews, 154 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wales Intro, 32 reviews, 124 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Inverness Intro, 34 reviews, 104 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dumfries and Galloway Intro, 67 reviews, 69 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northumberland Intro, 31 reviews, 101 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Andrews Intro, 57 reviews, 60 photos
Top State of Tasmania hotels
- Hobart Hotels
- 407 Reviews - 862 Photos
- Launceston Hotels
- 133 Reviews - 309 Photos
- Swansea Hotels
- 4 Reviews - 15 Photos
- Strahan Hotels
- 47 Reviews - 111 Photos
- Devonport Hotels
- 33 Reviews - 66 Photos
- Carlton Hotels
- 30 Hotels
- Coles Bay Hotels
- 3 Hotels
- Port Arthur Hotels
- 58 Reviews - 166 Photos
- Lisdillon Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Long Island Hotels
- 2 Hotels
- Stanley Hotels
- 32 Reviews - 61 Photos
- Saint Helens Hotels
- 38 Reviews - 81 Photos
- Glenorchy Hotels
- 1 Hotel
- Gladstone Hotels
- 1 Hotel
- George Town Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 7 Photos