"Tasmania, better the Devil, you know" Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania by stevezero

State of Tasmania Travel Guide: 1,707 reviews and 4,543 photos

During my time living in Holland, quite a few years ago now, one of my work colleagues there endearingly referred to me as "die ijland bewoner" Literally that island inhabitant,
Well I suppose living on an island (albeit a long way from the sea) gives me an infinity for other islands, and somehow I tend to be drawn towards the sea.
Thus Tasmania seemed the ideal choice for a holiday, especially armed with a cut price airline ticket on BA, courtesy of a newspaper promotion (bless um!)
2002%L*

The Journey

We made this trip to Tasmania, Australia in March 2002. Before we left we were not to familiar with this island state, but we were pleasantly surprised by what we found there. The scenary was spectacular and the people warm and friendly.

Tasmania, a land of contrasts and vast tracts of virgin rainforest. Difficult to pick out out our favourite places, but we'll try.......

A paradise to be discovered

Although, not huge by Australian standards, do not try to do Tasmania in a few days. A week is pushing it and in the two weeks we spent there, we only got a flavour of the place that left us craving for more.

Within these pages I will try an explain, what made Tasmania so special to me, and I only hope that I will return to the State again in the near future.

For much more on Tasmania see our website.......... Tasmania 2002

• Pros:Nice people, remote wildnerness, national parks
  • In a nutshell:Go There!
  • Last visit to State of Tasmania: Mar 2002
  • Intro Updated Jan 7, 2005

• Wafro's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2008 at 12:12 PM

This is the place I wanna visit, in particular the SW. Only, it is so far away! GRTz from Belgium

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2008 at 1:55 PM

Just checking on what I might have missed out on so far. Thanks for sharing.

• Morepork's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2006 at 1:29 AM

Enjoyed your pages Steve. I've always wanted to visit Tassie but no luck so far. I got to the Big meet in Melbourne recently tho'.

• thedouglas's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2006 at 1:49 PM

Really enjoyed your Tassie travel tips! I'm an Aussie, and never had any idea there were so many great things to see there.

• Gwynneth's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2005 at 9:32 PM

You visited some great places in Tassie! The Sherbourne Lodge looks like a terrific place to stay also! Greetings from Australia and me!

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2005 at 3:15 PM

Very interesting tips and great photos. We planned to go to Tasmania but ended up on Kangaroo Island instead.

• imstress's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2005 at 6:46 PM

you covered many part of tasmania. my fav was freycinet and you had it captured nicely too. thanks for sharing with us your adventure.

• Wann's Profile Photo
    Apr 1, 2005 at 2:48 AM

Great page of Tasmania, very informative page, also many nice photos in all travelogues. I dont know the World's Largest Kangaroo is here ;-) huge ! ... Rgds, W.

• carolineraat's Profile Photo
    Mar 2, 2005 at 10:10 AM

Great pictures! Must be very beautiful there!

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2005 at 3:50 AM

A set of great pictures and some good information on my dream destination. Thanks for sharing.

stevezero

“"All I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" - James T Kirk”

Badges & Stats in State of Tasmania

Have you been to State of Tasmania?