"Aberdeenshire" Top 5 Page for this destination Aberdeen by stevezero

Aberdeen Travel Guide: 490 reviews and 903 photos

-------------------------------------------------

Aberdeenshire, it's a Scottish county we visit often these days.
We travel frequently around Aberdeen, but it is not often that we are in the city itself, so most of the info on these pages will be about the surrounding towns and countryside.

-------------------------------------------------

The county is a rarely visited part of th UK, which is a grest shame beacuse it has a lot to offer.
The scenary is mixed, with rolling farmland giving way to pretty fishing villages along the North East coast. there is also great historywith many fine castles and ruins.

• Pros:Nice scenary, history, castles, beaches, fishing villages, warm people
  • In a nutshell:Great place, but don't tell everyone
  • Intro Written Mar 12, 2005

• highlandlaura's Profile Photo
    Jul 15, 2006 at 6:17 PM

Wonderful photos...hope to visit next time I'm in Scotland, should be within the next 6 months.

• uglyscot's Profile Photo
    Jun 20, 2006 at 12:50 AM

Brilliant . Photos top notch, and comments informative and well-written. With some of my roots in Aberdeenshire, and my university education in the Granite City, it was great to see some of the kent places. Had to come back for another look!

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2006 at 8:05 AM

Excellent titbits of information. Wish I'd read these before I went instead of after!

• shivan's Profile Photo
    Sep 10, 2005 at 2:26 AM

great page, too bad I have not pictures of aberdeen. Ps: Elgin page is still under construction

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2005 at 1:40 PM

Great info on Aberdeenshir esp my home village Very well put together page on a little known destination Excellent Work

• Goldenboy's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2005 at 6:41 AM

Quite impressed on New Arbedour Arch area. Seems tp be quite place but inspiring.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Mar 12, 2005 at 10:23 AM

I like your photo of Dunnottar Castle. It looks like a great place. One day I hope to visit the Aberdeen area.

stevezero

“"All I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" - James T Kirk”

Badges & Stats in Aberdeen

Have you been to Aberdeen?

Latest Activity in Aberdeen