"Bakewell, Home Of The Pudding" Top 5 Page for this destination Bakewell by stevezero
Bakewell Travel Guide: 77 reviews and 228 photos
Bakewell is the largest town in the Peak District National Park. It nestles under the surrounding hills, and is bi-sected by the river Wye and the main A6 road from Manchester to Derby.
The town is perhaps best known for its tart, or more correctly pudding. A kitchen maid at the Rutland Arms hotel in town, misunderstood the instructions for a strawberry tart, and the rest so they say is history.
The town has an annual agricultural show, one of the largest in the county which takes place in early August.
The town is also a good base for exploring the nearby houses of Chatsworth, Haddon Hall, and Eyam Hall.
- Pros:Nice olde worlde town with interesting buildings.
- Cons:Can get busy, car parking a bit steep
- In a nutshell:Come and try a pudding.
The viaduct spans the gorge of the River Wye, just after the railway used to emerge from the 500m long Headstone... more travel advice
The Monsal Trail runs for some 15kms from near Bakewell to 5kms from Buxton. For the most part it follows the route of... more travel advice
stevezero's Related Pages
Bakewell Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bakewell, Home Of The Pudding"
- "Baking in Bakewell"
- "Bakewell, home of the pudding! (NOT the tart!!)"
- "CROWN OF THE PEAK"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bakewell
- Hotels in Bakewell
- Transportation in Bakewell
- Nightlife in Bakewell
- Restaurants in Bakewell
- Shopping in Bakewell
- Warnings and Dangers in Bakewell
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bakewell
- 14 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (64)
Have you been to Bakewell?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bakewell
- Posted in Travel Scotland Forum "RE: Camping and visiting on a..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "A Liitle Walk In the Monsal Dale - Pt2"
- created a Bakewell Travelogue "A Liitle Walk In the Monsal Dale - Pt2"
- Commented on one of suvanki's Bakewell travel pages
- Wrote a Review Monsal Head Viaduct in Bakewell Things to Do
Photos in BakewellSee All Photos (32)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Intro, 275 reviews, 771 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aberdeen Intro, 114 reviews, 188 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Derbyshire Intro, 73 reviews, 138 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 85 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 43 reviews, 154 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wales Intro, 32 reviews, 124 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Inverness Intro, 34 reviews, 104 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dumfries and Galloway Intro, 67 reviews, 69 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northumberland Intro, 31 reviews, 101 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Andrews Intro, 57 reviews, 60 photos