Belper Sports & Outdoors Tips by stevezero
Belper Sports & Outdoors: 2 reviews and 2 photos
Rowing boats are available to hire on the Derwent at the River Gardens. Don't expect super sleek sports craft, but the old fashioned wooden type.
Open approx mid April to mid September
Price per hour for 1-2 persons
£4.55 peak time (Sunday, Bank Holidays)
£2.55 other times
Address: River Gardens, Belper
Directions: Off main A6 road, near the large East Mill
The Club reformed for the fourth time in 1951 and it was in that year that they enjoyed their record attendance when 3,600 fans turned up to see Belper play Ilkeston Town. Regular four figure attendances were commonplace at Christchurch Meadow in those days.
In recent seasons the club has enjoyed tremendous success in the FA Vase, reaching the 5" Round twice and also a semi-final appearance in which they lost 2-3 on aggregate to Oxford City, having won the first leg 1-0 at home, in front of nearly 2,000 spectators.
Having achieved the runners-up position in the Northern Counties League in 1996/97, the Club took its place in the UniBond League 12 years after the first opportunity had been spurned.
During Belper's membership of the UniBond League, the club has invested heavily improving the playing surface and also in 1999 demolished the old clubhouse and new changing rooms, club house and a conferencing complex have been constructed to improve the club’s facilities.
The club have recently opened a new 500-seater stand at a cost in excess of £200,000 to bring the ground up to UniBond Premier Division standard.
Equipment: A good loud supportive voice
Address: Christchurch Meadows, Bridge Street,Belper
Directions: Christchurch Meadow,
Other Contact: fax 01773 825549
Phone: 01773 825549
More Reviews (48)
- See All Down By The Riverside
- See All Strutt Arms, MIlford
- See All Coach From London
- See All Furniture and Fancy Goods
stevezero's Related Pages
Belper Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Belper - Derwent Valley"
- "Read This First"
- "Belper, Derwent Valley"
- "Boring Belper"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Belper
- Transportation in Belper
- Nightlife in Belper
- Restaurants in Belper
- Shopping in Belper
- Warnings and Dangers in Belper
- See All...
Explore the World
- West Stow Hotels
- Turffontein Hotels
- Port Melbourne Hotels
- Prather Hotels
- Yala National Park
Badges & Stats in Belper
- 50 Reviews
- 62 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (62)
Have you been to Belper?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Belper
Photos in BelperSee All Photos (62)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Intro, 275 reviews, 771 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aberdeen Intro, 114 reviews, 188 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Derbyshire Intro, 73 reviews, 138 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 85 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 43 reviews, 154 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wales Intro, 32 reviews, 124 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Inverness Intro, 34 reviews, 104 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dumfries and Galloway Intro, 67 reviews, 69 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northumberland Intro, 31 reviews, 101 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Andrews Intro, 57 reviews, 60 photos
Latest Belper hotel reviews
- The Lion Hotel (Bridge Street Belper DE56 1AX)
- 1 Review & Opinion