"Caernarfon - Fortress town" Top 5 Page for this destination Caernarfon by stevezero
Caernarfon Travel Guide: 111 reviews and 437 photos
Caernarfon was always intended to be a fortress town. The town and its walls were built by Edward I as one of a series of castles to enforce the invasion of Wales by the English.
These days it's just the English tourists who invade en masse.
- Pros:Castle, history, harbour
- In a nutshell:A great historic Welsh town
Segontium is the remains of an auxiliary Roman fort, probably established in the late 70s A.D. and modified through to... more travel advice
Caernarfon was for a long time the constituency of the great British Prime Minister David Lloyd George. He was a member... more travel advice
stevezero's Related Pages
Caernarfon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Royal Town"
- "Caernarfon - Fortress town"
- "Unesco-listed castle - Caernarfon, Wales"
- "Caernarfon on a grey day"
- "The perfect ending"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Caernarfon
- Hotels in Caernarfon
- Transportation in Caernarfon
- Nightlife in Caernarfon
- Restaurants in Caernarfon
- Shopping in Caernarfon
- Warnings and Dangers in Caernarfon
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Caernarfon
- 13 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (97)
Have you been to Caernarfon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Caernarfon
Photos in CaernarfonSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Intro, 275 reviews, 771 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aberdeen Intro, 114 reviews, 188 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Derbyshire Intro, 73 reviews, 138 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 85 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 43 reviews, 154 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wales Intro, 32 reviews, 124 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Inverness Intro, 34 reviews, 104 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dumfries and Galloway Intro, 67 reviews, 69 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northumberland Intro, 31 reviews, 101 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Andrews Intro, 57 reviews, 60 photos