"Another Town, Another Castle" Top 5 Page for this destination Conwy by stevezero
Conwy Travel Guide: 154 reviews and 592 photos
Conwy is another of the great fortress towns of North Wales. The town grew up around the great castle built by Edward I between 1283 and 1289. It was one of the great ring of castles built to subdue the Welsh.
The town has much more to offer though, with its old buildings, medieval walls, setting and character.
- Pros:Castle, Old town, bridges
- In a nutshell:Great place for a break
Conwy has a recently completed marina development to cater for the up and coming leisure craft market, along with shops,... more travel advice
From the castle you get fine views of the Conwy Estuary, looking up towrds the West Shore of nearby LLandudno more travel advice
stevezero's Related Pages
Conwy Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Conwy - North Wales"
- "A Spectacular Town"
- "Another Town, Another Castle"
- "Magical Conwy"
- "a fine walled city"
- "Enchanting Conwy"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Conwy
- Hotels in Conwy
- Transportation in Conwy
- Nightlife in Conwy
- Restaurants in Conwy
- Shopping in Conwy
- Warnings and Dangers in Conwy
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Conwy
- 14 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (96)
Have you been to Conwy?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Conwy
Photos in ConwySee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Intro, 275 reviews, 771 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aberdeen Intro, 114 reviews, 188 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Derbyshire Intro, 73 reviews, 138 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 85 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 43 reviews, 154 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wales Intro, 32 reviews, 124 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Inverness Intro, 34 reviews, 104 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dumfries and Galloway Intro, 67 reviews, 69 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northumberland Intro, 31 reviews, 101 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Andrews Intro, 57 reviews, 60 photos