"Dunbar" Dunbar by stevezero
Dunbar Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 21 photos
Dunbar - one of favourite stopping off plaves an our frequent travels from Belper to Aberdeenshire. Just of the A1 road it is a pretty stone built town, with fine harbours.
The remains of the old castle dominate the harbour area, but sadly it is no loger accesable due to its state of decay.
In the spring the remains of the castle are taken over by nesting seagulls. Every available nook and cranny seems to be occupied by these noisy birds.
Many more birds nest on the famous Bass Rock, which is clearly visible from Dunbar.
- Pros:On the sea, views of Bass rock, fine walks
- Cons:did they have to build the leisure centre there?
- In a nutshell:Former seaside resort, that's always nice to drop by
The Bass Rock is clearly visible from parts of Dunbar. The island is home to the world's biggest island gannet colony,... more travel advice
stevezero's Related Pages
Dunbar Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Dunbar
- 6 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (63)
Have you been to Dunbar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dunbar
Photos in DunbarSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Intro, 275 reviews, 771 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aberdeen Intro, 114 reviews, 188 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Derbyshire Intro, 73 reviews, 138 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 85 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 43 reviews, 154 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wales Intro, 32 reviews, 124 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Inverness Intro, 34 reviews, 104 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dumfries and Galloway Intro, 67 reviews, 69 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northumberland Intro, 31 reviews, 101 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Andrews Intro, 57 reviews, 60 photos