"Suprising Kelso" Kelso by stevezero
Kelso Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 46 photos
Kelso is a small town in the Scottish Borders region, with a population of just 6000. There is a cobbled French style square in the town centre, surrounded by plenty of good places to eat and drink.
There is also plenty of history, with the ruins of the once great abbey in the town, and the amazing nearby Floors castle.
For sports lovers, Kelso Racecourse is the home of National Hunt racing in the UK.
- Pros:Nice town, history, abbey and castles
- In a nutshell:Great place from which to explore the Borders
Greenknowe Tower is a handsome tower house on an L plan, built in 1581 and still retaining its iron gate or... more travel advice
Apart from the castle itself, Floors also has magnificent grounds and gardens, which befit such a residence. There are... more travel advice
stevezero's Related Pages
Kelso Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Suprising Kelso"
- "Kelso Abbey and Floors Castle"
- "Glad I went..."
- "Kelso: pretty old border town"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kelso
- 10 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (63)
Have you been to Kelso?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kelso
Photos in KelsoSee All Photos (34)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Intro, 275 reviews, 771 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aberdeen Intro, 114 reviews, 188 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Derbyshire Intro, 73 reviews, 138 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 85 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 43 reviews, 154 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wales Intro, 32 reviews, 124 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Inverness Intro, 34 reviews, 104 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dumfries and Galloway Intro, 67 reviews, 69 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northumberland Intro, 31 reviews, 101 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Andrews Intro, 57 reviews, 60 photos