"Kirkby, It's Still There!" Kirkby in Ashfield by stevezero
Kirkby in Ashfield Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 4 photos
I was born in Nuncargate, a small village, 1.5 km from the town centre.
It's one of those places that no one has ever heard off, not even some of the locals.
Anyway, I was in Mansfield recently, and called in at Kirkby on the way home. It seemed different, but a lot of things are the same?
It was Sunday and the town was closed so we visited the nearby Portland Park, which again is virtually unknown.
Maybye I will take some pictures of the town another day.....
- Pros:Small town feeling, it still feels like coming home
- Cons:Bit run down in places, rough around the edges.
- In a nutshell:For the person with nothing else to do
From Portland Park you get a good view from the top walk over towards the town of Kirkby-in-Ashfield. On top of Church... more travel advice
stevezero's Related Pages
Kirkby in Ashfield Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Kirkby in Ashfield
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (96)
Have you been to Kirkby in Ashfield?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kirkby in Ashfield
Photos in Kirkby in AshfieldSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Intro, 275 reviews, 771 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aberdeen Intro, 114 reviews, 188 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Derbyshire Intro, 73 reviews, 138 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 85 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 43 reviews, 154 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wales Intro, 32 reviews, 124 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Inverness Intro, 34 reviews, 104 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dumfries and Galloway Intro, 67 reviews, 69 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northumberland Intro, 31 reviews, 101 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Andrews Intro, 57 reviews, 60 photos