"Llanberis - Slated" Top 5 Page for this destination Llanberis by stevezero
Llanberis Travel Guide: 78 reviews and 300 photos
Llanberis lies at the heart of Snowdonia National Park. It is in a valley, of the 2 joined lakes of Llyn Padarn and Llyn Peris, which create a spectacular mountain pass.
It is most famed as the staring point of the Snowdon Mountain Railway, which takes you all the way to the summit of Wales highest mountain (on a good day that is!) There is alaso another great little railway which takes you along Llyn Padarn,
You can also find the National Slate Museum here as well as a castle.
- Pros:Railways, views, lakes, museums,castle
- Cons:It does rain a bit!
- In a nutshell:Great place for a break
Dolbadarn Castle satnds majestically on a bluff, overlooking Llanberis and Llyn Padarn. It was built in the 13th C by... more travel advice
Electric Mountain is a visitor centre for one of the countrys bniggest hydro electric pwer plants. It is set against a... more travel advice
stevezero's Related Pages
Llanberis Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Home of Snowdon's Mountain Railway"
- "Llanberis - Slated"
- "A week in Llanberis"
- "A good tourist base......."
- "The Foot of Snowdon"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Llanberis
- Hotels in Llanberis
- Transportation in Llanberis
- Restaurants in Llanberis
- Shopping in Llanberis
- Warnings and Dangers in Llanberis
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Llanberis
- 11 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (64)
Have you been to Llanberis?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Llanberis
Photos in LlanberisSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Intro, 275 reviews, 771 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aberdeen Intro, 114 reviews, 188 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Derbyshire Intro, 73 reviews, 138 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 85 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 43 reviews, 154 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wales Intro, 32 reviews, 124 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Inverness Intro, 34 reviews, 104 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dumfries and Galloway Intro, 67 reviews, 69 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northumberland Intro, 31 reviews, 101 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Andrews Intro, 57 reviews, 60 photos