"Many Bridges To Cross" Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle upon Tyne by stevezero
Newcastle upon Tyne Travel Guide: 829 reviews and 1,629 photos
Newcastle is a suprising city in many aspects. Thought of by many as a dreary industrial city in the North East of England, this much regenerated city now has much to offer for todays modern traveller.
The city was actually untill 1882 but a mere town. It got its name from the "new" castle, first built by Robert Curthose, a son of William the Conqueror. Settlements in the area however date back to Roman times.
- Pros:Great place to visit
- In a nutshell:Modern, vibrant and also some surprising history and architecture.
At wallington Hall, there are some fine walks in the parkland. Down by a a lake there is a bird hide, where if you are... more travel advice
A two storey Tudor mansion was added to the west side of the old castle at Belsay, and later the mansion was given a... more travel advice
stevezero's Related Pages
Newcastle upon Tyne Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A city and its river"
- "Many Bridges To Cross"
- "It's a different land"
- "The Toon"
- "Newcastle upon Tyne Page"
- "Love at first sight!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Newcastle upon Tyne
- Hotels in Newcastle upon Tyne
- Transportation in Newcastle upon Tyne
- Nightlife in Newcastle upon Tyne
- Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
- Shopping in Newcastle upon Tyne
- Warnings and Dangers in Newcastle upon Tyne
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Newcastle upon Tyne
- 43 Reviews
- 154 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (63)
Have you been to Newcastle upon Tyne?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Newcastle upon Tyne
- Wrote a Review Wallington - Red Squirrels in Newcastle upon Tyne Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "Wallington - Red Squirrels"
- updated a Newcastle upon Tyne Travel Page "Many Bridges To Cross"
- Posted in Travel Scotland Forum "RE: Camping and visiting on a..."
- Commented on one of a5floor's Newcastle upon Tyne travel pages
Photos in Newcastle upon TyneSee All Photos (154)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Intro, 275 reviews, 771 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aberdeen Intro, 114 reviews, 188 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Derbyshire Intro, 73 reviews, 138 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 85 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 43 reviews, 154 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wales Intro, 32 reviews, 124 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Inverness Intro, 34 reviews, 104 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dumfries and Galloway Intro, 67 reviews, 69 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northumberland Intro, 31 reviews, 101 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Andrews Intro, 57 reviews, 60 photos