"Capital of the West Highlands" Top 5 Page for this destination Oban by stevezero
Oban Travel Guide: 189 reviews and 380 photos
Oban is often called unofficially the "capital of the west highlands" and for good reason. It is a good base from which to explore the many nearby islands, the mountains of the west and the many lochs (lakes) in the area. The area also has a colourfull past, and there are plenty of castles, abbeys, and other historical attractions.
Being the major town in the area, there are no shoratge of places to stay, from small B&Bs, guest houses throgu to larger hotels.
The town only has a resident population of 8500, but this is greatly swelled by hte huge numbers of tourists, especially in the summer months.
- Pros:nice fishing town, ferrry gateway, lots to see and do
- Cons:Gets busy
- In a nutshell:Great place to explore the western highlands
The "Anne of Etive" operates from its pier just north of Bonawe Furnace outside of the village of Taynuilt at the... more travel advice
Sure seems like a strange way to transport your animals. As seen propped up against a shop window in Oban, two cute... more travel advice
stevezero's Related Pages
Oban Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful Oban"
- "Capital of the West Highlands"
- "My Home"
- "Oban and Surroundings"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oban
- Hotels in Oban
- Transportation in Oban
- Nightlife in Oban
- Restaurants in Oban
- Shopping in Oban
- Warnings and Dangers in Oban
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oban
- 15 Reviews
- 51 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (64)
Have you been to Oban?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oban
Photos in ObanSee All Photos (51)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Intro, 275 reviews, 771 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aberdeen Intro, 114 reviews, 188 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Derbyshire Intro, 73 reviews, 138 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 85 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 43 reviews, 154 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wales Intro, 32 reviews, 124 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Inverness Intro, 34 reviews, 104 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dumfries and Galloway Intro, 67 reviews, 69 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northumberland Intro, 31 reviews, 101 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Andrews Intro, 57 reviews, 60 photos