"St Andrews and the Kingdom of Fife" Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Andrews by stevezero
Saint Andrews Travel Guide: 163 reviews and 328 photos
St Andrews is perhaps best known for being the home of golf, the old course dating back to the 16th C.
However the town is also home to Scotland's oldest university (Prince William being a current scholar)
St Andrews was developed firstly as a religous centre and was a place of pilgramage from as early as the 12th C.
The town of St Andrews is situated on a wide bay. Buildings date from the 13th C to the present day, and the town is best explored on foot as most things are within walking distance.
However don't be so bedazzled by the beauty of St Andrews so as to miss the rest of Fife, as there are also lots of things to see and do in the area.
- Pros:Cathedral, castle, golf, beaches, scenery,
- In a nutshell:Great place for a break
If travelling nto Fife by road from the south, your route shuold take you over the Forth Road Bridge. Build in 1964 to... more travel advice
St Fillan's Church has a fine restored interior with a nice alter and pretty windows. more travel advice
stevezero's Related Pages
Saint Andrews Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "St Andrews and the Kingdom of Fife"
- "St. Andrews, Where Golf Began"
- "Kingdom of FIFE"
- "Oldest Scottish University City"
- "Saint Andrews"
- "St Andrews, Scotland"
- "A Visit to St Andrews"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint Andrews
- Hotels in Saint Andrews
- Transportation in Saint Andrews
- Restaurants in Saint Andrews
- Shopping in Saint Andrews
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saint Andrews
- 57 Reviews
- 60 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (63)
Have you been to Saint Andrews?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint Andrews
Photos in Saint AndrewsSee All Photos (60)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Intro, 275 reviews, 771 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aberdeen Intro, 114 reviews, 188 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Derbyshire Intro, 73 reviews, 138 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 85 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 43 reviews, 154 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wales Intro, 32 reviews, 124 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Inverness Intro, 34 reviews, 104 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dumfries and Galloway Intro, 67 reviews, 69 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northumberland Intro, 31 reviews, 101 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Andrews Intro, 57 reviews, 60 photos