"Over The Sea To Skye" Top 5 Page for this destination Isle of Skye by stevezero
Isle of Skye Travel Guide: 447 reviews and 904 photos
We have been to the Isle Of Skye a couple of times now.
The first time was using the romantic over the sea crossing from Mallaig.
We went over as foot passengers, so we only spent a few hours in Armadale - which is about enough if you don't have transport. We did go on a nise nature walk though, even if it was a bit wet
however we did vow we would return one day....
..... and return we duly did.
this time it was August and we spent a week in a cottage, and yes it rained!
We took the bridge over to Skye this time, and at £5.70 each way it is the dearest toll bridge in the UK. So once over there we were for a week.
- Pros:Magnificent scenary, mountains, bonny glens
- Cons:Did I mention it rains sometimes.
- In a nutshell:Go for the scenary, but don't expect to come back with a suntan
Glen Brittle is another fairly unkown part of Skye, reached down an unmarked raod. At the end of the road is Glenbrittle... more travel advice
The very ancient Loch Eynort Church lies at the end of the road to Glen Eyenort. Now ruined it is where the dead from... more travel advice
stevezero's Related Pages
Isle of Skye Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Flaite do'n Eilean Sgitheanach"
- "ISLE of SKYE"
- "An t-Eilean -- The Island"
- "Isle of Skye Travel Tips - Scotland Travel Secrets"
- "Over The Sea To Skye"
- "The Skye legend"
- "Magical Isle of Skye"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Isle of Skye
- Hotels in Isle of Skye
- Transportation in Isle of Skye
- Nightlife in Isle of Skye
- Restaurants in Isle of Skye
- Shopping in Isle of Skye
- Warnings and Dangers in Isle of Skye
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Isle of Skye
- 24 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (64)
Have you been to Isle of Skye?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isle of Skye
Photos in Isle of SkyeSee All Photos (27)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Intro, 275 reviews, 771 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aberdeen Intro, 114 reviews, 188 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Derbyshire Intro, 73 reviews, 138 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 85 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 43 reviews, 154 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wales Intro, 32 reviews, 124 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Inverness Intro, 34 reviews, 104 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dumfries and Galloway Intro, 67 reviews, 69 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northumberland Intro, 31 reviews, 101 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Andrews Intro, 57 reviews, 60 photos