"Idfu or Edfu to You" Top 5 Page for this destination Idfu by stevezero
Idfu Travel Guide: 56 reviews and 362 photos
We visited Edfu as part of a nile cruise. It is a popular attraction on the cruise route.
The town of Edfu is located on the west back of the Nile River, some 100 kms miles south of Luxor.
Its most famous attribute is its temple of Horus.
- Cons:Gippy Tummies
The termple of Horus is dedicated to Horus, the falcon and outside the temple there is an ancient statue in his memory. more travel advice
As in the rest of Egypt, the pace of life is slow and the use of donkey carts is as common as that of motor vehicles. more travel advice
stevezero's Related Pages
Idfu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cruise from Luxor to Aswan via Edfu"
- "2 days, 1 night... 5000 years of history!"
- "Edfu, Horus Temple & again the souk"
- "Edfu / Idfu - the classical Temple"
- "Idfu or Edfu to You"
- "Travelling by horse carriage - fiacre along Edfu"
- "Temple of Edfu - Interior"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Idfu
- Hotels in Idfu
- Transportation in Idfu
- Shopping in Idfu
- Warnings and Dangers in Idfu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Idfu
- 7 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (63)
Have you been to Idfu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Idfu
Photos in IdfuSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Intro, 275 reviews, 771 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aberdeen Intro, 114 reviews, 188 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Derbyshire Intro, 73 reviews, 138 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 85 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 43 reviews, 154 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wales Intro, 32 reviews, 124 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Inverness Intro, 34 reviews, 104 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dumfries and Galloway Intro, 67 reviews, 69 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northumberland Intro, 31 reviews, 101 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Andrews Intro, 57 reviews, 60 photos