"Isna or Esna Int It" Top 5 Page for this destination Isna by stevezero
Isna Travel Guide: 59 reviews and 238 photos
Esna is located about fifty kilometers south of Luxor.
We visited it as part of our Nile Cruise.
It is now a modern town, but it as an ancient heart. Thre present town is built around the remains of an ancient temple dedicated to the god Khnum.
Under the Greeks and Romans, the town became the capital of the Third Nome of Upper Egypt. Besides Khnum, the temple was dedicated to several other deities, the most prominent of whom were Neith and Heka. This was the ram god that was worshipped throughout this area and who fashioned mankind from mud of the Nile on his potter's wheel.
- Pros:Historical, mythical
- Cons:Bit noisy
- In a nutshell:Full of ancient history
What better way to arrive in Esna than by boat. Boats of vaying luxury ply the Nile between Luxor and Aswan, offering... more travel advice
Being a muslim country, it is easy to spot several minarets dotting the skyline of Esna. more travel advice
stevezero's Related Pages
Isna Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "From Luxor to Aswan via Isna"
- "Isna or Esna Int It"
- "Isna - Halfway point between Luxor and Aswan"
- "Esna - A Nice Stop between Aswan & Luxor"
- "Isna / Esna and the Chnum temple"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Isna
- Transportation in Isna
- Restaurants in Isna
- Shopping in Isna
- Warnings and Dangers in Isna
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Isna
- 12 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (96)
Have you been to Isna?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isna
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Intro, 275 reviews, 771 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aberdeen Intro, 114 reviews, 188 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Derbyshire Intro, 73 reviews, 138 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 85 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 43 reviews, 154 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wales Intro, 32 reviews, 124 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Inverness Intro, 34 reviews, 104 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dumfries and Galloway Intro, 67 reviews, 69 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northumberland Intro, 31 reviews, 101 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Andrews Intro, 57 reviews, 60 photos