"Kerikeri" Kerikeri by stevezero
Kerikeri Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 50 photos
Situated in a citrus and tropical fruit growing district, Kerikeri is famous for being home to the two oldest surviving houses in New Zealand, Kemp House and the Stone Store, both built in 1822.
Kerikeri stands on the river of the same name and was inhabited by the Maori people long before the first Europeans arrived.
Kerikeri also houses Rewa's village, an open air museum set out as a faithful reconstruction of an ancient Maori village of this area.
stevezero's Related Pages
Kerikeri Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Kerikeri basin & surrounds"
- "Kerikeri, Bay of Islands"
- "The Northland"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kerikeri
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (63)
Have you been to Kerikeri?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kerikeri
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Intro, 275 reviews, 771 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aberdeen Intro, 114 reviews, 188 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Derbyshire Intro, 73 reviews, 138 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 85 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 43 reviews, 154 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wales Intro, 32 reviews, 124 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Inverness Intro, 34 reviews, 104 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dumfries and Galloway Intro, 67 reviews, 69 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northumberland Intro, 31 reviews, 101 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Andrews Intro, 57 reviews, 60 photos