"Storm in Kalbarri" Top 5 Page for this destination Kalbarri by stevezero
Kalbarri Travel Guide: 144 reviews and 367 photos
Kalbarri is a popular holiday town between Geraldton and Carnarvon, some 591km North of Perth.
We were heading north from Geraldton to Shark bay when we hit by a tropical storm.
Boy was that wet. So we decided to seek refuge in the coastal town of Kalbarri.
Unfortunately the creek had washed over the road behind us, so we were marooned in town for three days.
Anyway this unforseen excursion turns out to be a blessing as it really is a great place to be even when it is a bit on the damp side!
The town is set on the Murchinson River estuary and there is no shortage of things to do.
there is excellent fishing, walking, rock climbing, river cruises, canoeing and much, much more to be enjoyed.
Oh and did I mention the pelicans get fed every morning.
When we were there it was the wettest time for about 50 years, but I was assured that it was normally sunny adn warm all year round.
- Pros:Loads to do
- In a nutshell:Fantastic place for year round sunshine
On the coast just outside town you can see some strange rock formations caused by erosion. more travel advice
Greyhound Pioneer buses from Perth drop passengers at the Ajana turn-off on the highway, to be met by a shuttle bus on... more travel advice
stevezero's Related Pages
Kalbarri Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Kalbarri"
- "Kalbarri, Western Australia"
- "Storm in Kalbarri"
- "Kalbarri ~ Spectacular Gorges and Coastline"
- "Kalbarri, and a lot of things to do and see"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kalbarri
- Hotels in Kalbarri
- Transportation in Kalbarri
- Nightlife in Kalbarri
- Restaurants in Kalbarri
- Shopping in Kalbarri
- Warnings and Dangers in Kalbarri
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kalbarri
- 11 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (63)
Have you been to Kalbarri?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kalbarri
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Intro, 275 reviews, 771 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aberdeen Intro, 114 reviews, 188 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Derbyshire Intro, 73 reviews, 138 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 85 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 43 reviews, 154 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wales Intro, 32 reviews, 124 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Inverness Intro, 34 reviews, 104 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dumfries and Galloway Intro, 67 reviews, 69 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northumberland Intro, 31 reviews, 101 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Andrews Intro, 57 reviews, 60 photos