"Storm in Kalbarri" Top 5 Page for this destination Kalbarri by stevezero

Kalbarri Travel Guide: 144 reviews and 367 photos

Kalbarri is a popular holiday town between Geraldton and Carnarvon, some 591km North of Perth.

Any Port........

We were heading north from Geraldton to Shark bay when we hit by a tropical storm.
Boy was that wet. So we decided to seek refuge in the coastal town of Kalbarri.
Unfortunately the creek had washed over the road behind us, so we were marooned in town for three days.
Anyway this unforseen excursion turns out to be a blessing as it really is a great place to be even when it is a bit on the damp side!

feed the pelicans....if you can find them!

The town is set on the Murchinson River estuary and there is no shortage of things to do.
there is excellent fishing, walking, rock climbing, river cruises, canoeing and much, much more to be enjoyed.
Oh and did I mention the pelicans get fed every morning.

When we were there it was the wettest time for about 50 years, but I was assured that it was normally sunny adn warm all year round.

• Pros:Loads to do
  • In a nutshell:Fantastic place for year round sunshine
  • Intro Updated Dec 23, 2004

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Aug 24, 2008 at 8:15 PM

Mmm, maybe we should have looked into the flight. Thanks for sharing. Cheers

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Sep 26, 2005 at 5:21 AM

Always good to see comments about the Golden West .... especially when camels are included. leyle

• Myndo's Profile Photo
    Jan 1, 2005 at 2:45 PM

well done tips about Kalbarri. The wildflowers look gorgeous! For that I wouldn't mind a little rain :-)

• icyjo24's Profile Photo
    Dec 26, 2004 at 10:33 PM

Looks like I have missed quite a lot of stuff at Kalbarri..Missed Kalbarri greatly.. Great pics and tips...

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Dec 22, 2004 at 6:07 PM

The bay there is pretty hey :o) Pelican Shores looks lovely. Cheers, Ann :o)

stevezero

“"All I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" - James T Kirk”

Badges & Stats in Kalbarri

Have you been to Kalbarri?

Latest Activity in Kalbarri