"Nuwara Eliya - Tea For two" Top 5 Page for this destination Nuwara Eliya by stevezero
Nuwara Eliya Travel Guide: 100 reviews and 221 photos
Nuwara Eliya is situated some 2000 metres above sea level and is the main hill resort of Sri Lanka. It lies at the heart of the tea industry there.
Once the favourite hill station of the British, Nuwara Eliya still retains the vestiges of Empire: a blend of Tudor and Georgian architecture, gabled roofs, immaculate lawns with rose bushes and moss-covered gravestones. The town is often still referred to as "little England"
It is good place to escape to after the heat of the lower ground as the air up here is fressh and musch cooler.
- Pros:Cool climate, great scenery, colonial feel
- In a nutshell:nice place to cool off and relax
The Tea Factory is a unique hotel situated at 6,800 feet above sea level, converted from an original tea factory built... more travel advice
In the Nuwara Eliya area you can visit one of the tea factories, where the picked tea leaves are dried and processed... more travel advice
stevezero's Related Pages
Nuwara Eliya Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "THE HILL COUNTRY"
- "Little England"
- "Nuwara Eliya - Tea For two"
- "Magnificent Hill Area"
- "Nuwara Eliya"
- "Little Britain"
- "A Tea County up in the misty mountains"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nuwara Eliya
- Hotels in Nuwara Eliya
- Transportation in Nuwara Eliya
- Nightlife in Nuwara Eliya
- Restaurants in Nuwara Eliya
- Shopping in Nuwara Eliya
- Warnings and Dangers in Nuwara Eliya
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nuwara Eliya
- 7 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (64)
Have you been to Nuwara Eliya?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nuwara Eliya
Photos in Nuwara EliyaSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Intro, 275 reviews, 771 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aberdeen Intro, 114 reviews, 188 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Derbyshire Intro, 73 reviews, 138 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 85 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 43 reviews, 154 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wales Intro, 32 reviews, 124 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Inverness Intro, 34 reviews, 104 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dumfries and Galloway Intro, 67 reviews, 69 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northumberland Intro, 31 reviews, 101 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Andrews Intro, 57 reviews, 60 photos