"Sigiriya - The Lion Rocks" Top 5 Page for this destination Sigiriya by stevezero
Sigiriya Travel Guide: 103 reviews and 272 photos
Sigiriya was one of the stops on our tour of Sri Lanka,
The Lion rock rises some 370 and dominates the surrounding landscape.
The ruins are of the ancient capital built by King Kassapa I (477–95)
You can climb to the top of the Lions Rock (guides available) for great views and glimpses of this now Unesco designated site,
- Pros:Great history and views
- In a nutshell:If in Sri Lanka then don't miss it!
A good standard hotel with fine views of Lion Rock. Nice and relaxing after the arduous climb of the rock. 120... more travel advice
After an arduous climb, you are rewarded with the ruins at the summit and the magnificent views over the nearby... more travel advice
stevezero's Related Pages
Sigiriya Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sigiriya - The Lion Rocks"
- "Sigiriya - Rock Frostress"
- "Sigiriya Rock Fortress"
- "Fortress in the Middle of Nowhere"
- "The Lion Fortress."
- "the lion mountain"
- "Good Base for the cultural triangle"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sigiriya
- Hotels in Sigiriya
- Transportation in Sigiriya
- Restaurants in Sigiriya
- Warnings and Dangers in Sigiriya
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sigiriya
- 10 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (64)
Have you been to Sigiriya?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sigiriya
Photos in SigiriyaSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Intro, 275 reviews, 771 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aberdeen Intro, 114 reviews, 188 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Derbyshire Intro, 73 reviews, 138 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 85 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 43 reviews, 154 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wales Intro, 32 reviews, 124 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Inverness Intro, 34 reviews, 104 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dumfries and Galloway Intro, 67 reviews, 69 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northumberland Intro, 31 reviews, 101 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Andrews Intro, 57 reviews, 60 photos