"Dumfries and Galloway" Top 5 Page for this destination Dumfries and Galloway by stevezero
Dumfries and Galloway Travel Guide: 369 reviews and 769 photos
Dumfries and Galloway is a much undervisited part of Scotland. Located in the far South West of the land, It is unknown to a lot of people, which is a great shame as the area has a lot to offer.
Dumfries is the largest town, which is situated on the river Nith. It is best known for its associations with Robert Burns who spent the last five years of his life here.
- Pros:Nice area to visit
- In a nutshell:Turn left just after the Lake District
The Ruthwell Cross, is an Anglican cross, sculptured in high relief and dates from the 7th century. It is considered one... more travel advice
Bit of a strange one this. The story of a community self-help project that links 19th century social and commercial... more travel advice
stevezero's Related Pages
Dumfries and Galloway Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Dumfries and Galloway"
- "Dumfries and Galloway Again and Again"
- "Dumfries & Galloway-easily missed never forgotten"
- "DUMFRIES & GALLOWAY"
- "Castles, Forests, Cliffs and Sea"
- "Kirkcudbright Visit"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dumfries and Galloway
- Hotels in Dumfries and Galloway
- Transportation in Dumfries and Galloway
- Nightlife in Dumfries and Galloway
- Restaurants in Dumfries and Galloway
- Shopping in Dumfries and Galloway
- Warnings and Dangers in Dumfries and Galloway
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Dumfries and Galloway
- 67 Reviews
- 69 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (63)
Have you been to Dumfries and Galloway?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dumfries and Galloway
- Uploaded a Photo to "Kirkcudbright - War Memorial"
- Wrote a Review The Ruthwell Cross in Dumfries and Galloway Things to Do
- Commented on one of GillianMcLaughlin's Dumfries and Galloway travel pages
- created a Dumfries and Galloway Travel Page "Dumfries and Galloway"
- Posted in Travel Scotland Forum "RE: Camping and visiting on a..."
Photos in Dumfries and GallowaySee All Photos (69)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scotland Intro, 275 reviews, 771 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aberdeen Intro, 114 reviews, 188 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Derbyshire Intro, 73 reviews, 138 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tasmania Intro, 85 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 43 reviews, 154 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wales Intro, 32 reviews, 124 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Inverness Intro, 34 reviews, 104 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dumfries and Galloway Intro, 67 reviews, 69 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northumberland Intro, 31 reviews, 101 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Andrews Intro, 57 reviews, 60 photos
Top Dumfries and Galloway hotels
- Dumfries Hotels
- 74 Reviews - 52 Photos
- Gretna Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 1 Photo
- Wanlockhead Hotels
- 9 Reviews - 28 Photos
- Moffat Hotels
- 16 Reviews - 39 Photos
- Lockerbie Hotels
- 1 Review - 9 Photos
- Lochmaben Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Langholm Hotels
- 21 Reviews - 53 Photos
- Lanark Hotels
- 21 Reviews - 68 Photos
- Gatehouse of Fleet Hotels
- 10 Reviews - 59 Photos
- Dalbeattie Hotels
- 1 Review - 3 Photos
- Castle Douglas Hotels
- 10 Hotels
- Biggar Hotels
- 6 Hotels
- Beeswing Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Annan Hotels
- 16 Reviews - 30 Photos
- Abington Hotels
- 1 Review