"pell city---coosa river" Pell City by SAILS

Pell City Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 1 photos

helen, ga

helen, ga is an alpine village in n. georgia. during october they have a german octoberfest each year. its a lot of fun.....music, people, food, horse drawn carriages, etc. my dog, kody and i stayed in my travel trailer at Unicoi State Park. we were there approx a week. not enough time. will be going back. i tood my motorcyle along and road some interesting mountain roads, the scenery was great, the weather was nice . Kody and I mostly just walked around and did some site seeing, not a whole lot of activity, although, we did hike up to one of the waterfalls and also to a fire look out towerl. so-so, not too great but nice. a river runs through the town and apparently people go tubing in summer, etc. also, i saw some trout fisherman. we also went to a covered bridge where some gorgeous dame filmed a movie, cant remember her name .......right now im looking at maps for a snow skiing adventure to taos, new mexico, i think, i am going to go soon and so a little skiing......send me note, take care , hope to hear from you, happy travels.........

• Pros:own a home on the river, large lake, lots-a-fun
  • Cons:small town between atlanta and birmingham, must be into water sports
  • In a nutshell:i dont belong, so i travel often, but do come home
  • Last visit to Pell City: Oct 2004
  • Intro Written Nov 28, 2004

Comments

SAILS

“go for it”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Badges & Stats in Pell City

Have you been to Pell City?

Latest Activity in Pell City