"Monte Carlo - The land of public lifts and hills" Monaco by ZoeB
Monaco Travel Guide: 1,056 reviews and 2,980 photos
I got the chance to visit Monaco in August which of course I jumped at. Thankfully it wasnt the time of the Grand Prix otherwise it wouldnt have been as relaxing.
I found Monaco to be a great place, a little expensive but very relaxing, friendly and welcoming.
Monte Carlo is very very hilly, so its perfect for aviod walkers, for those of you not into walking, then amazingly there are public lifts that will take you up street by street to save your legs! I confess I did use them a bit, but I also managed to get in some running and walking up and down the steps.
The one thing you will notice is that everyone seems to have a dog ! unfortunatly as cute as the dogs may be you will notice that their owners dont always clean up after them so watch where you walk.
There isnt that much to do in Monte Carlo but if you get a chance, wander round the marina and look at the boats - there are some amazing ones there. I spent lots of time wandering round dreaming about which one I would have if I was a millionaire.
The architechure in Monte Carlo is quite amazing, it's very haphazard but interesting.
All in all I would definatly visit Monaco again, in fact I plan to next year, so anyway hope you enjoy the page.
- Pros:Very compact and accessible
- Cons:expensive to an extent and not that much to do if you don't have a boat
- In a nutshell:Great place to visit to relax
Looking back from the boat I was on and seeing the view along with the huge boats - wonderful view more travel advice
This is probably the most famous hotel in Monaco right next to the casino. There was no was I could afford to stay here. more travel advice
- Very wealthy area of Monaco
- See All Beautiful views
- See All A life on the Ocean waves....
ZoeB's Related Pages
Monaco Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Monte-Carlo, Monaco"
- "MONACO - The Land of the Rich and Famous"
- "Small Pricipality in the Cote d'Azure"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Monaco
- Hotels in Monaco
- Transportation in Monaco
- Nightlife in Monaco
- Restaurants in Monaco
- Shopping in Monaco
- Warnings and Dangers in Monaco
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Monaco
- 15 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Monaco?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Monaco
Top 10 Pages
- The Gambia Intro, 21 reviews, 10 photos
- Monaco Intro, 15 reviews, 15 photos
- London Intro, 19 reviews, 9 photos
- Venice Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Brussels Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- New York City Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Brighton Intro, 12 reviews, 5 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos
- Dublin Intro, 11 reviews, 5 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 10 reviews, 6 photos