"The youngest city in China" Shenzhen by enzhu
Shenzhen Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 46 photos
As China is a country with 5000 years history, many Chinese cities also have thousands years history. However Shenzhen, a city with 7 million polulation, has only 20 years history. It was a village with a few fisherman until 1979 when China starts its open door policy. In less than 30 years, Shenzhen has been transferred to a modern city with all the skyscrapers and highways.
Due to lack of history, there is no any historic sightsees in Shenzhen. However, I think Shenzhen has the best theme parks in the country. There are different kinds theme parks such as "Window of the World", "Chinese Folk Culture Village", "Happy Valley" etc. Shenzhen is also a shopping paradise. There are lots of large department stores and small shops, you should definitely visit Dong Men walking street. Shenzhen also has best IT products shopping centers in Hua Qiang North.
It's a beautiful shopping plaza next to Shekou Walmart, it has many shopping and lots of good restaurants. more travel advice
Shekou is in the West side of Shenzhen. Since Shenzhen is very long from East to West, so Shekou is really far away from... more travel advice
Written Jun 7, 2005
Chinese Culture Villeage
Written Apr 29, 2006
Window of the World
enzhu's Related Pages
Shenzhen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The youngest city in China"
- "Where is Shenzhen?"
- "SUPER SIZE SPAS"
- "Beatiful Shenzhen"
- "My Shenzhen"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Shenzhen
- Transportation in Shenzhen
- Restaurants in Shenzhen
- Shopping in Shenzhen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Shenzhen
- 9 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Shenzhen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Shenzhen
Top 10 Pages
- Hangzhou Intro, 19 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
- Wuhan Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos
- Beijing Intro, 12 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Shenzhen Intro, 9 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Suzhou Intro, 7 reviews, 27 photos
- Tianjin Intro, 2 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zhouzhuang Intro, 6 reviews, 13 photos
- New York City 1 review, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- China Intro, 1 review, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- New Hampshire 14 photos, 3 travelogues