"Welcome to Scotland!" Scotland by Craigellachie
Scotland Travel Guide: 12,835 reviews and 28,813 photos
I'm a Scot and I love Scotland. I love travelling around teh world but I'm not one of those Scots who knows the whole world except his own country :-)
As a starting point here are some pictures I took in August 2000 when I was on holiday at Glenmore near Aviemore. It's great walking country for all abilities - there's also a wheelchair route. This walk (waymarked in blue) is one of the more demanding ones. Remember to respect our Scottish mountains - they may not be very high compared with other countries' but the weather can change dramatically in a very short time. Make sure you have the right clothing, footwear, fitness and knowledge.
Loch Morlich is one of my favorite places. Mountain, forest and beach all in one place!Looking at the sandy beach you might be forgiven for thinking you were at the coast, but this is inland, amid the Cairngorms and seven miles from Aviemore. This is a popular watersports centre.
This bothy does not look much in summer - just a bulding with no electricity, gas, water or sewerage. But if the weather changes suddenly, especially in winter, this simple shelter could be the difference between life and death.
- Pros:Mountains, rivers, lochs, forests, islands and cultured cities - you can have any kind of holiday here.
- Cons:You need a flexible attitude to weather
- In a nutshell:The biggest wee country in the world - you can stay here all your life and still have more to explore.
Written Nov 21, 2004
Written Jan 3, 2006
Orkney - a very special place
Craigellachie's Related Pages
Scotland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Scotland For The Brave"
- "Scotland Travel Tips - Scotland Edinburgh Orkney"
- "My Scotland page"
- "Alba, Caledonia, "God's Country"; this is Scotland"
- "Scotland: fascinating and impressive"
- "Ben-UK's Scotland page"
- "Scotland, a sassenach's view"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Scotland
- Hotels in Scotland
- Transportation in Scotland
- Nightlife in Scotland
- Restaurants in Scotland
- Shopping in Scotland
- Warnings and Dangers in Scotland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Scotland
- 1 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 52 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Scotland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Scotland
Top 5 Pages
- Scotland Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barbados Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- France Intro, 3 photos
- Vancouver Intro, 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Intro, 1 review, 2 photos