"Back in T R O P I C O" idy's Profile

Flew the Beijing coop

So I ended up living in Beijing for two years before 'packing it in', so to speak.

I actually packed several boxes of belongings to be shipped home, then I packed my bag for two journeys -- the first through Xinjiang in northwest China and the other around Japan. Six weeks of larking about, first in the hot dry desert and then in hot humidity as thick as cheesecake, wasn't entirely a walk in the park, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Where in the world ...

As I've mentioned before, I suffer from an addiction to travelling! Some call it wanderlust. Accurate, I s'pose, but not really. What I really hope to do is to live in different places for longer periods of time than say, the standard 2-week vacation.

More new adventures coming up, but for now I have not only got China pages to complete, I've still yet to complete my Vietnam, Bali and Cameron Highland pages ...

Pages so far are for places I've visited since 2004. Enjoy the pictures and I hope some of the information prove useful! Also, do let me know if I've unwittingly gotten some of my facts wrong
(^_^)>

• Intro Updated Jan 25, 2009

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!